Language in Tag properties

Hi

Is there a way to set the language using Tag properties for particular tag in PDF file with Aspose .
Please find the Screenshots for reference.

Question Screenshot.zip (119.1 KB)

@cvsformulary,

We have logged your requirement in our issue tracking system. Your ticket number is WORDSNET-17554. We will further look into the details of this requirement and will keep you updated on the status of the linked issue.

@cvsformulary,

The text language in the document model is stored in the RunPr.LocaleId/RunPr.LocaleIdFarEast/RunPr.LocaleIdBi properties and the default language for the document is stored in Document.Styles.DefaultRunPr.LocaleId property. It is exported to the PDF document structure. The text language could be viewed in the specific run properties, “Content” tab, “Language” field. And the Default document language could be viewed in File->Properties->Advanced->Language field.

Also, MS Word outputs the text language the same way as Aspose.Words does.

See attached screenshots: screenshots.zip (440.7 KB)

@cvsformulary,

Regarding WORDSNET-17554, we have completed the work on your issue and conclude that we will not be able to implement the fix to your issue. Your issue (WORDSNET-17554) has now been closed with ‘Won’t Fix’ resolution. Please see my previous post for details.

Is there any option in Aspose.PDF for setting language field in tag tab of object properties. We need to set that property for some of our documents and we are looking for the options how can we set that.

@cvsformulary,

As this query is more related to Aspose.PDF, we are moving this thread in Aspose.PDF forum where you will be guided appropriately.

@cvsformulary

Thanks for your inquiry.

We are currently working over adding features regarding Tagged PDFs and will definitely consider your requirements. However, would you please share a sample PDF with some more details like for which objects you want to set language options. This would help us implementing the feature accordingly.

Hi Please find the zip file
Sample.zip (194.6 KB)
It has the screenshots of language to be set and a sample PDF which has the language set.

@cvsformulary

We are looking into the scenario and will get back to you shortly.

@cvsformulary

Thanks for sharing requested details.

As shared earlier, we are working over implementing features to create and manipulate Tagged PDF documents and your shared requirements would definitely help us implementing the feature accordingly.

The feature request has been logged under the ticket ID PDFNET-45696 in our issue management system. We have associated the ticket with this thread so that you will receive notification once the feature is available. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

@awais.hafeez
Hi Awais,
I just figured out that if proofing language for the paragraph is already defined in MSWord and if I convert docx to PDF using “save as PDF” or “Acrobat-CreatePDF” options of MSWord, then the languages are set in Tag tab properties of PDF. Please find attached DOCX file, PDF file generated using Aspose.words and PDF file generated using Acrobat option. language example.zip (157.4 KB)
Is there a way that this can be fixed in Aspose words as well.

@cvsformulary,

But, the languages in PDF tag properties are still not set even when saving ‘Three language.docx’ to PDF by using MS Word 2016.

Please see this attachment: msw-2016.pdf (118.3 KB)

@awais.hafeez

Hi Awais,
We are using MSWord 2013 and I’m using Acrobat-Create PDF to generate the PDF. We are using Acrobat PDFMaker Office COM Addin because of which we get Acrobat option.

Please find attached PDF that I generated and languages is set in Tags tab. Also, I have attached the screenshot on how I’m creating the PDF from Word. Not sure if that is the reason we are having different results.
Results.zip (92.2 KB)

Whenever we say language in PDF everywhere on internet Tags tab - language is mentioned. I do not find any information on Content tab language. If you have any information on why Aspose is setting this it will be really helpful.

Please let us know if you want more information on this.

@cvsformulary,

We have logged your requirement in our issue tracking system. Your ticket number is WORDSNET-17842. We will further look into the details of this requirement and will keep you updated on the status of the linked issue.

HI @asad.ali I see [PDFNET-45696] ---- Status : Closed

Did you fix this…Will it be available in any upcoming release

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-45696) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 18.12.

@asad.ali: Will this fix be available in JAVA too?

@cvsformulary

Thanks for your inquiry.

Yes, this issue fix will also be included in upcoming/equivalent update of Aspose.PDF for Java 18.12 which is expected to be released in the end of this month. However, in case you need to use this feature within .NET Application, please feel free to let us know. We will further assist you accordingly.

Thanks @asad.ali… One more question Can you please elaborate your Issue statuses. What is the difference between New and Open and what does Postponed mean. Will it be fix in new future or will it take time.

Thanks for the help.

@cvsformulary

Please note that these issues are logged in our internal issue management system and their statuses are used for internal purposes. However, as soon as we have some definite updates regarding issue resolution or require some feedback from your side, we will surely inform you within this forum thread. Please spare us little time.