Language of the merge error messages

Hi,

On a merge model if I forget a TableStart:Master or TableEnd:Master tag I have an error during the merge, it returns the followinf error : “Found startof mail merge region ‘Master’ without matching end.”

The error is in english since I have upgrade Aspose.Words.dll from 15.4.0 to 18.7.0 so the Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture is in {fr-FR}. With previous version (15.4.0) the error was in french.

how can i get the error messages in french?

thank you

@julien.mevel.isilog,

We have logged your requirement in our issue tracking system. Your ticket number is WORDSNET-17998. We will further look into the details of this requirement and will keep you updated on the status of the linked issue.

@julien.mevel.isilog,

I am afraid, there is no “Found start of mail merge region XXX without matching end” error in 15.4, we have made sure by checking the code. However, it was added in 17.12 version.

Also, you have not attached a sample document to this thread. Please also ZIP and upload your sample input Word document here for further testing. We will then investigate the issue on our end further and provide you more information.

Also, considering the possibility of adding this as a new feature, could you please also explain if you want to only translate just mail merge related messages or all Aspose.Words messages?

We are not going to translate the messages, but may consider changing exception types to be more specific and contain MM specific parameters (like RegionName). That way, our customers could catch them and re-throw using their own translated messages if needed. But, this is only feasible if you are fine with only MM exceptions to be changed that way. It is currently not possible to change all Aspose.Words exceptions.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Ok, i’ll build 2 samples projects to demonstrate the issue.

thx

@julien.mevel.isilog,

Sure, we will wait for your further input on this topic. Thanks for your cooperation.

@julien.mevel.isilog,

Regarding WORDSNET-17998, we have completed the work on this issue and come to a conclusion to close this issue as “Won’t fix” because of lack of further information from your end. We could not go ahead without getting further input from your end. We apologize for any inconvenience.