Large HTML table to PDF doesn't work

Hello,

I need to generate a PDF report from an HTML file with one table.
My target is a 15 columns x 10 000 rows table.

I’ve done some test with a 5 columns x 3 500 rows table.
My conclusion is the PDF from HTML method cant handle this amount of data:
the Aspose process takes over 5 Go RAM and crash after few minutes.

Is it possible to generate my report from HTML file?
If not, what is the best way to generate such a report?

Thx for your help.

Pascal

Hi Pascal,

Thanks for your inquiry. We will appreciate it if you please share your sample HTML document here, we will test it and will try to provide you some solution.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Here the file.

Pascal

Hi Pascal,

Thanks for sharing the source document. I have tested the scenario with Aspose.Pdf for .NET 10.8.0 at my end and noticed that process does not crash but stalls forever and memory usage remain 900~ MB. So I have logged a ticket PDFNEWNET-39374 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and rectification. We will notify you as soon as it is resolved.

Moreover, as a workaround you can use Aspose.Words for HTML to PDF conversion. Please check following code snippet for the details.

Aspose.Words.Document
doc = new Aspose.Words.Document(“3500.htm”);<o:p></o:p>

doc.Save("15.8.0.pdf");

Best Regards,

I am in the process of evaluating Aspose.PDF component. We do need to convert large tables and large HTML pages as well (300 pages+).

I was curious to find your comment about using Aspose.Word to do the PDF conversion. What is the advantage of buying Aspose.PDF, if Aspose.Word can handle the PDF conversion better (at least for large HTML)?

We already have Aspose.Word so if you can list the advantages of using Aspose.PDF over Aspose.Word, it would be appreciated (Or direct me to a link that does the comparison)

Thanks
Kuna
ksubramaniyam@dymaxium.com:
I am in the process of evaluating Aspose.PDF component. We do need to convert large tables and large HTML pages as well (300 pages+).

I was curious to find your comment about using Aspose.Word to do the PDF conversion. What is the advantage of buying Aspose.PDF, if Aspose.Word can handle the PDF conversion better (at least for large HTML)?

We already have Aspose.Word so if you can list the advantages of using Aspose.PDF over Aspose.Word, it would be appreciated (Or direct me to a link that does the comparison)

Thanks
Kuna

I didn't try this. I don't like this "solution".
My next step is to generate PDF using Aspose DOM elements directly
Hi Kuna

ksubramaniyam@dymaxium.com:

Thanks
Kuna

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note although both APIs have feature to convert HTML to PDF but Aspose.Pdf will be helpful when you need some post processing of the PDF as you can manipulate the PDF with it. And secondly we have raised the issue priority of large HTML to PDF conversion issue and will update you as soon it is resolved.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-39374) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 11.6.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(2)

It still doesnt work for me

Hi Pascal,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We have tested the scenario with Aspose.Pdf for .NET 11.6.0 and noticed that now it is not crashing. We will appreciate it if you please share your environment details and issue you are facing with Aspose.Pdf for .NET 11.6.0.

Best Regards,

It doesn’t work for me either.

The issue is not crashing (although that’s a side effect of it based on your PC Spec etc). The real issue is how long it takes and how much resources it needs to convert large PDFs - memory, CPU etc.

You can revisit the discussion above and see how much of a difference the new version makes for the sample file from pascal.roze.

We have tried many different sample files and do not see much of a difference.

May be we are misunderstanding what is actually fixed? Please elaborate on the specifics of what has been fixed from your development team.

Thanks
Kuna

Hi Kuna,

Thanks for your feedback. We have reopened the issue and coordinating with the product team for the details. We will update you as soon as we get a feedback.

Best regards,