Latest aspose image java jar adoption

We want to adopt the latest aspose.imaging.java jar. In the latest jar, WmfRasterizationOptions class is not available. Should we use the EmfRasterizationOptions for the WMF to PNG conversion also? Other than this, pngOptions.dispose(); is not available in the latest jar. Is it not needed?

In the release notes, We can only able to see until 23.2 updates. Am I missing something? If anything is available share me.

Note https://releases.aspose.com/java/repo/com/aspose/aspose-imaging/3.9.0/aspose-imaging-3.9.0-jdk16.jar. This is the latest jar that we want to adopt.

@johnson123 Thank you for notifying us about this issue. We will investigate the matter and get back to you with a solution shortly. In the meantime, we would like to recommend updating to the latest supported version. This version contains all the latest features, bug fixes, and future bug fixes will be based on it.

@Alexey.Karpenko Can we get any update on this? We just want a clarification. Kindly check and let us know. Then only we can able to adopt the latest one.

@johnson123 We would like to inform you that WmfRasterizationOptions and PngOptions.Dispose() are available beginning from version 16.12. Therefore, if you wish to use these features, we recommend updating to this version or later. Thank you for considering our recommendation.

@Alexey.Karpenko, I thought t the 3.9.0 is the latest jar. Correct me if I’m wrong

Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 11.11.03 AM.png (281.7 KB)

@johnson123 The latest version is 23.2 (the numbering goes like this: 1, 2, 3… 21, 22, 23, and so on).

@Alexey.Karpenko, Right now I’m trying with the latest 23.2 jar for WMF to PNG conversion. However, After converting the WMF image to PNG, it shows upside down. Can you please check? Will attach the sample Image & snippet that we’re using.

//EMF to PNG converstion Testing
	InputStream is = new FileInputStream("./image1.wmf");
   	com.aspose.imaging.Image image = com.aspose.imaging.Image.load(is);
	int w = image.getWidth();
	int h = image.getHeight();

PngOptions pngOptions = new PngOptions();
	MetafileRasterizationOptions rasterizationOptions = new WmfRasterizationOptions();
	rasterizationOptions.setBackgroundColor(Color.getTransparent());
	rasterizationOptions.setPageWidth(w);
	rasterizationOptions.setPageHeight(h);
	pngOptions.setVectorRasterizationOptions(rasterizationOptions);
	pngOptions.setColorType(PngColorType.TruecolorWithAlpha);

ByteArrayOutputStream os = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
	image.save(os, pngOptions);
	os.flush();

wmf.zip (9.5 KB)

Hello, @johnson123!
I will look at this ASAP.

@evgeniy.sidenko, Have you got looked into it? I’ve tried with the web version also. It is rendering upside down(180 degree rotation) only.

Yes, I confirm this issue. Related issues IMAGINGJAVA-8373 and IMAGINGNET-6191 have been created.

@evgeniy.sidenko, Thanks for the update. May I know when this issue can be fixed? It is occurring in multiple cases. Hence, we need this issue to be fixed ASAP. Kindly let us know any ETA.

@johnson123, your issue can be scheduled to Aspose.Imaging 23.4(not sure)-23.5(sure) releases due to our tasks queue.

@johnson123
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): IMAGINGJAVA-8373,IMAGINGNET-6191

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as IMAGINGJAVA-8373) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by samer.el-khatib