Latest version of aspose.words.jar doesn't work with Sybase 10 JDBC driver jconn3.jar

We’ve upgraded Aspose.words.jar to the latest version. But it cannot work with Sybase 10 JDBC driver jconn3.jar.

The error is “java.sql.SQLException: JZ0D5: Error loading protocol com.sybase.jdbc3.tds.Tds.”

It seems it’s jar hell issue.
Aspose.words.jar contains META-INF\services\java.nio.charset.spi.CharsetProvider which causes the issue.

Have any idea on the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Yong,
Thanks for your request. Could you please provide me a code that causes this exception and full stack trace of the exception? I will check the issue and provide you more information.
Best regards,

No way to provide our code, but any project to use Sybase JDBC driver jconn3.jar and latest aspose.words.jar would not run.

Currently we’re using two-years-old version aspose.words.jar, it works fine except for a few bugs.
Could you provide me a one-year-old aspose.words.jar?

Hello
Thank you for additional information. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Aspose.Words supports UTF7 encodings for reading/writing documents and this encoding is not natively supported by Java. Hence Aspose.Words implements its own charset and charset provider and it appears the class has somehow been left out or incorrectly linked into the final jar.
We will fix this issue asap. It will go into the scheduled 10.2 release at the end of June.
Best regards,

Hi,

Thanks for your response.
could you provide me latest version of Aspose.Words for Java 3.3?

Hello
Thanks for your request. Our internal policy does not allow us to share versions of products older than one year. You can only download versions of Aspose.Words available here:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/java

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSJAVA-7) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.