Latest Versions Upgrade Issues in Aspose.Slides for Java

Hi!

I wrote to you when we wanted to upgrade to version 22.7, reporting a problem that has been present since version 22.4, which concerns the non-existence of the EffectFactory class, and on that occasion you told me that it was mistakenly removed from the API (hidden) and that it would be returned with the next version - 22.8 (link to correspondence: Instantiation of Effect Objects after Removing the EffectFactory Class from the API - #7 by andrey.potapov).

Now we are trying to upgrade to version 22.11 (possibly 22.12), but since version 22.8 we are facing two problems:

1. We cannot access the OuterShadowEffectiveData class
    I don’t know if it’s another class that was removed by mistake or it was replaced by some other implementation, so I would ask you to either provide us with the class or provide us with another solution.
  2. We have a license problem
    Specifically, when starting the build, a RuntimeException is thrown with the message: An error occured while registering Aspose License.
    The license we are currently using we got from you, it lasts until 27.05.2023 and is fully functional with the products Words and Cells in versions 22.12.

It would be great if you could provide us with the above in version 22.12 because otherwise we will be forced to stay on version 22.3, and there are a lot of reported issues that you have fixed in the meantime, which would mean that they would be functional with the upgrade we are doing by the end of the year.

Thank you very much!

@zpredojevic,
Thank you for contacting support.

Yes, the OuterShadowEffectiveData class and many others that inherit from EffectEffectiveData class has been removed from the public API in version 22.3. Please look at the following code example that shows you how to add outer shadow effect to a shape. I hope it will help you.

var presentation = new Presentation();
var slide = presentation.getSlides().get_Item(0);
var shape = slide.getShapes().addAutoShape(ShapeType.RoundCornerRectangle, 20, 20, 200, 150);

shape.getEffectFormat().enableOuterShadowEffect();
shape.getEffectFormat().getOuterShadowEffect().getShadowColor().setColor(Color.DARK_GRAY);
shape.getEffectFormat().getOuterShadowEffect().setDistance(10);
shape.getEffectFormat().getOuterShadowEffect().setDirection(45);

presentation.save("output.pptx", SaveFormat.Pptx);

Documents: Shape Effect
If the issue persists, please share a presentation file and a code example that you need to update. We will help you to do this.

Starting with version 22.4, Aspose.Slides uses a stronger license encryption algorithm. It looks like your license has not been parsed in the latest versions. Please describe the issue on Aspose.Purchase forum and mention this note. My colleagues will then update your license. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Please post different issues in different forum threads in the future.