Layout of Open Office document is broken when converted to pdf

Hi,

the conversion of open office document (*.odt) to pdf breaks the layout completly.

- the picture in the header of the document slips down and inteferes with the document content
- the table rows and surrounding lines get mixed up
- the document width is miscalculated, some content near the right border is invisible

I attached a sample document and the converted pdf.

System:
Aspose.Words 9.8.0.0
.net runtime 2.0

Best regards, Martin Pfeifer

Notice:
by Thorsten Koch, 11.05.2011

Hi Martin,
Thank you for reporting this problem to us. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards,

Hi Alexey,
here are two documents with similar problems.
Aspose.Words. 10.0.0.0
Best regards, Martin

Hello,
Thank you for additional information.
We will keep you informed of any developments of this issue.

Hi
Thank you for additional information. As I can see you are using 9.5.0 version of Aspose.Words. I checked your documents using the latest versions and the resulting PDF documents looks better. So, please try using the latest version. You can download it from here:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net
Best regards,

Hello Alexey,
i just tested the attached document 24.odt with the latest version of Aspose.Words 10.0.0.0.
I see no improvement at all.

• the grapic at top of document gets to low and overlaps the text
  • the table layout is broken
  • the doument width is greater than the visible size ==> content near the right margin is invisible

I added a screenshot which highlights the problem - see file 24-screenshoot.jpg .
Best regards, Martin

Hi Martin,
Sorry, I did not elaborate. I told about the new documents you have attached. If you convert them to PDF using the latest version, the resulting document looks better, not ideal but better.
Best regards,

I just tested some open office documents with the latest version (Aspose.Words 10.6.0.0).

The layout of the produced pdf documents is still disappointing.

• Simple table get mixed up (see TO.odt)
  • Graphics and tables interfere(see 24. odt)

Nobody expects a perfect 1:1 conversion between different formats. But these results are not acceptable. Please do something about it.

Hello
Thank you for reporting these problems to us. I managed to reproduce the problems on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issues. You will be notified as soon as these issues are resolved.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-5541) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi Martin,
Thanks for your request. There are three issues linked to this thread. Only one of them was fixed. We will let you know once the rest of them are resolved. Sorry for inconvenience.
Best regards,

Hi
Martin,

Thank you for the additional information.

Yes, you’re right, the problem is reproducible with Aspose.Words v11.0.0. Please note that there are a couple of unresolved issues i.e. linked to your original request. The problem will be fixed once these issues are resolved. We will also inform you via this forum thread as soon as these issues are resolved.

Sorry for inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi,

i just tested the new Aspose.Words.dll 11.1.0. Both problems are unresolved.

• the image overlaps the table at the top of document 24.odt
  • the frame around table is doubled in document TO.odt

Best regards, Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your inquiry. There are three issues linked to this thread. Only one of them was fixed. Unfortunately, other two issues are not resolved yet. Please check below the progress of these issues:

WORDSNET - 4765: It is pending for analysis and is in the queue.No ETA is available.
WORDSNET - 4766: It is pending for analysis and is in the queue.No ETA is available.
WORDSNET - 5541: This issue has been resolved.

We will keep you informed via this forum threads and let you know once these issues are resolved.

Best Regards,

Hi,

i just tested the new Aspose.Words.dll 11.2.0. Both problems are unresolved.

- the image overlaps the table at the top of document 24.odt

\-the frame around table is doubled in document TO.odt

Best regards, Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your inquiry. There are three issues linked to this thread. Only one of them is pending for analysis. Please check below the progress of these issues:

WORDSNET - 4765: This issue has been resolved.Fix Version / s: 11.3 .0 April - 2012
WORDSNET - 4766: It is pending for analysis and is in the queue.No ETA is available.
WORDSNET - 5541: This issue has been resolved.

We will keep you informed via this forum threads and let you know once these issues are resolved.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4765) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)

Hi

i just tested the new Aspose.Words.dll 11.3.0.0.

The issues with table borders are now correct - looks good.

Thanks a lot, Martin Pfeifer

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your feedback. It is perfect that the new version of Aspose.Words fixed your table borders related problem. WORDSNET-4766 is the only outstanding issue i.e. linked to this thread. We will keep you informed regarding the status of this issue and let you know once it is resolved.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4766) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.