Layout problems when converting from Word

We use Aspose.Word to create merged documents from Word templates and a dataset. Once created, the Word document opens properly and the layout (tabs & paragraph breaks, etc.) match the original template, but once we convert the document to a PDF, the PDF document has some issues:

Issue 1 - It sometimes adds additional tabstops/indents at the start of a paragraph. This happens when a paragraph is setup with a hanging indent, but no text is entered between the start of the line and the first tab. (See the second paragraph of the example below)

example:

1. paragraph text of first numbered item...........
....................................end of text.

2. first paragraph of second numbered item......

second paragraph......................................

Issue 2 - It ignores the "keep together" setting and sometimes split a paragraph over 2 pages instead of moving the paragraph to the next page, or splits a selection of words over 2 lines when the text is setup as "don't hyphenate".

Issue 3 - It also ignores the "justified" paragraph alignment setting and renders all paragraphs as left aligned.

The document content is sensitive, so I can't attach examples to this post. I will send a sample of a word document and it's equivalent PDF to a separate email address if you provide me with an address outside of this forum.

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.Pdf.

You can send your document to tommy.wang@aspose.com. The "keep together" setting is not supported in Aspose.Pdf and we will support it soon.