Legend display error with one series

Hi Folks,

I found a strange bug by creating / modifying charts with Aspose.Slides under .NET

For example I have 3 categories and 1 series the legend shows the series name(s) - so far everything is correct.

But if i color only one datapoint with this code:

{code}

chart.ChartData.Series[0].DataPoints[1].Format.Fill.FillType = FillType.Solid;

chart.ChartData.Series[0].DataPoints[1].Format.Fill.SolidFillColor.Color = Color.Black;

{/code}

The legend no longer shows the series - now it display the list of categories… and it is not possible to change it to the series list - not even in powerpoint…

Examples:

- With Coloring -> Attachment: “AsposeChart_error.pptx”

- Without Coloring -> Attachment: “AsposeChart_success.pptx”

Here are my full code:

{code}

Presentation pres = new Presentation();

ISlide sld = pres.Slides[0];

IChart chart = sld.Shapes.AddChart(ChartType.ClusteredBar, 100, 100, 400, 400);

int defaultWorksheetIndex = 0;

IChartDataWorkbook fact = chart.ChartData.ChartDataWorkbook;

chart.ChartData.Series.Clear();

chart.ChartData.Categories.Clear();

chart.ChartData.Categories.Add(fact.GetCell(defaultWorksheetIndex, 1, 0, “a”));

chart.ChartData.Categories.Add(fact.GetCell(defaultWorksheetIndex, 2, 0, “b”));

chart.ChartData.Categories.Add(fact.GetCell(defaultWorksheetIndex, 3, 0, “c”));

chart.ChartData.Series.Add(fact.GetCell(defaultWorksheetIndex, 0, 1, “series”), chart.Type);

chart.ChartData.Series[0].DataPoints.AddDataPointForBarSeries(fact.GetCell(defaultWorksheetIndex, 1, 1, 0));

chart.ChartData.Series[0].DataPoints.AddDataPointForBarSeries(fact.GetCell(defaultWorksheetIndex, 2, 1, 9.553967186161332));

chart.ChartData.Series[0].DataPoints.AddDataPointForBarSeries(fact.GetCell(defaultWorksheetIndex, 3, 1, 5.473745114704258));

chart.HasLegend = true;

// with this code - the legend show the categories and not the series list

// chart.ChartData.Series[0].DataPoints[1].Format.Fill.FillType = FillType.Solid;

// chart.ChartData.Series[0].DataPoints[1].Format.Fill.SolidFillColor.Color = Color.Black;

//

License licence = new License();

licence.SetLicense(“Aspose.Slides.lic”);

pres.Save(“AsposeChart.pptx”, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pptx);

{/code}

I work under Windows 7 64 Bit with Aspose.Slides 15.4.0 .NET

Many Thanks,

Marius W.

Hi Marius,

Thank you for posting.

I have observed your comments and have worked with the data shared by you. I have been able to reproduce the issue. A ticket with ID SLIDESNET-37336 has been logged in our issue management system to further investigate and resolve the issue.This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified automatically as soon as the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-37336) have been fixed in this update.