Libgdiplus issue

Hi!

I’ve tried to run Converter.ConvertHTML(…) method on linux/mac and got classic error with libgdiplus libraty. Literraly “The type initializer for ‘Gdip’ threw an exception. Unable to load shared library ‘libgdiplus’ or one of its dependencies. In order to help diagnose loading problems, consider setting the LD_DEBUG environment variable: liblibgdiplus: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory”.

I googled it and also check other support topics from other your’s products (Unable to load shared library 'libgdiplus') this one for example.
I have 2 questions.

1. When aspose.html will be independent from System.Drawing.Common?
  2. I tried add runtimeconfig.template.json as described here Breaking change: System.Drawing.Common only supported on Windows - .NET | Microsoft Learn but it didn’t help. Am I right that last chance is edit docker file as described here? How to Run Aspose.Cells for .Net6|Documentation

Thank you!

@GlebLevotsky

Some improvements have been made in 23.3 version of the API regarding using the API in Linux environment. A similar discussion have been made in another forum thread where some suggestions about docker file are shared. Please check it as it may help you. Furthermore, we are continuously working over removing the System.Drawing.Common dependency from the API and in future releases, we will replace it with one of our APIs i.e. Aspose.Drawing.

1 Like