License: Evaluation Copy message appearing on licensed version

We recently started getting the "Evaluation only..." message across the top of our documents that are stamped with Aspose.Pdf.Kit. This began happening after a re-publish of our web service that performs document conversion and stamping. The republish included upgrading to .NET 4.0 and using an ASP.Net Web Application Project instead of an ASP.NET website project. The code itself, location of the license file, etc was not changed.

It is important to note that the problem is intermittent. Testing of the web services after the update showed no problem at all. Since the update the problem comes and goes. Resetting IIS seems to make the problem go away.

We have version 3.9.0.0 of Aspose.Pdf; v3.3.0.0 of Aspose.pdf.kit; v8.1.0.0 of Aspose.Words on our production servers. Are there any known issues with these versions and .NET 4.0? Are there known issues with licenses causing intermittent problems? with .NET 4.0?

Hi,

Thanks for using our products.

As far as I have understood from your statement, the problem is occurring when Aspose.Pdf.Kit is used to stamp the documents but, still I would request you please share the exact evaluation message being displayed in resultant documents. It will help us in identifying the product which is causing the problem. We apologize for your inconvenience.

The message is:

Evaluation Only. Created with Aspose.Pdf.Kit. Copyright 2002-2008 Aspose Pty Ltd

Thank you for looking into the problem.

Hi,

I represent Aspose.Pdf.Kit and I would request you to follow the instructions provided on this link to make sure that license is set properly. Also, please make sure that the input PDF file doesn’t already have an evaluation message on it. Moreover, when using multiple products in a project, you need to set the license for every product individually; so, please review your code and see if you have set the license for Aspose.Pdf.Kit as well using Aspose.Pdf.Kit.License class. If you still find the same issue then please do let us know.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,