License file not working on new server

We have been using Aspose.Cells on our .NET 2.0 website to generate Excel reports for the past few years with no problems. Our subscription for updates has expired, but we have continued to use our original version of the .dll and license file successfully. Last Friday (12/12/08) we moved the website to a new server; there were no upgrades or changes, simply moving every file to the new server, including the Aspose.Cells.dll and .lic files. Now when we try to generate Excel reports we get an Evaluation Copyright Warning on our reports. At the suggestion of your sales team, I have tried downloading and installing a new license file from the My Orders section of site, but it did not fix the problem. FYI, we implement the license by placing the Aspose.Cells.lic file in the site’s bin folder along with the Aspose.Cells.dll file, which, as I mentioned, worked with no problem on the old server.

The version of the .dll that we’re using is 4.0.3.0. Our subscription is under the company name “August Development.”

Needless to say, this glitch is seriously upsetting our clients who depend on these daily reports, so we are interested in getting this resolved as quickly as possible. Thank you.

-TomJ

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Please make sure that the license file is properly included to your application. Please see the following thread which will help you in setting up the license file. Also as you have a new license, so you may try the attached latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET. This feature is more stable and support many new features.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Well, it might be your deployment problem.Where you placed the set licensing code? Since it works fine in your previous (old) server so it should work equally fine on your new server. Are you utilizing Application_Start or Session_Start event(s) etc. in global.asax file to place your licensing code. I think it might possible that the Session_Start / Application_Start event isn't fired to process the licensing code on the new server because Aspose.Cells will throw an exception if our component cannot find the license file. So, could you check it and try to restart the service i.e.., "World Wide Web Publishing"? then, try to trace whether Application_Start event(s) are triggered when you first visit your project.

Thank you.

Amjad,

Thank you for the quick reply. Based on your recommendation I investigated the firing of the Application_Onstart event on the new server, and indeed it turned out that it was not firing. The cause was a legacy PreCompiled.config file that was in the projects root folder. I removed the file, which allowed the Application_Onstart event to fire and fixed the evaluation copyright warning bug. Thanks again.

-Tom