License Help

I purchased Aspose.Total awhile ago, and stopped using it well over a year ago. I have the need to use it again, so I downloaded my license file from my account for use. I am converting a Word file to PDF. It converts the file, but the PDF has red writing on it stating that I’m using an evaluation version of Aspose. I am using version 5.1 for Aspose.Words and version 3.6 for Aspose.PDF.

The code I am using to attach the license is below:

Try
    Dim license As Aspose.Words.License = New Aspose.Words.License()
    license.SetLicense("license.lic")
Catch ex As Exception
    MsgBox(ex.Message())
End Try

Thank you,
Allison

Hi Allison,

Since you are using both Aspose.Words and Aspose.Pdf for conversion, you will need to set the license of both Aspose.Words and Aspose.Pdf separately. You can also convert the document to PDF using only Aspose.Words.
Please feel free to contact us in case you have further comments or questions.
Thank you for contacting support and have a nice day.

Thank you for your help. Setting two licenses removed the evaluation message when converting .doc Word documents. Unfortunately, I still receive the message when converting .docx Word documents.

I tried using only Aspose.Words for the conversion to begin with, but the PDF’s that were created could not be opened. The error message indicated that the files were corrupt. That is why I went back to the Aspose.Words and Aspose.PDF method of converting.

I purchased Aspose.Total some years ago, so the version I’m using may be outdated, but I thought my version still provided support for .docx. Is my version of Aspose able to convert .docx?

Thank you,
Allison

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your DOCX file here for testing? I will check it on my side and provide you more information.
Also, which version of Aspose.Words do you use? To check version of the library, right click on the dll, select Properties from the context menu, then select Version tab. You will see File version.
Best regards.

I am using Aspose.Words 5.1.0.0
After much testing, I have found that some .docx convert completely and correctly. Some .docx have the evaluation wording on the top and are truncated. Some .docx will create the .xml and the images, but never save it as a pdf. All cases are using the same lines of code, so I don’t understand why the variation is occuring. I am attaching a docx that converts with the evaluation wording and truncation.

Thank you,
Allison

Hi Allison,

Thank you for additional information. As I can see this document already has evaluation watermark. Could you please attach your input document here? Also please try using the latest version of Aspose.Words 9.1.0 and let me know how it goes on your side.
The output PDF generated using the latest version looks fine.
Best regards,