License key issue with relative path

Hi, When using below code to load license key, words and cell works fine but slide failed with erros

new com.aspose.cells.License().setLicense(“Aspose.Total.Java.lic”);

new com.aspose.words.License().setLicense(“Aspose.Total.Java.lic”);

new com.aspose.slides.License().setLicense(“Aspose.Total.Java.lic”);

Stacktrace:] with root cause

com.aspose.slides.AsposeLicenseException: License stream is not available for reading

at com.aspose.slides.License.setLicense(Unknown Source)

If I used full path below it return fine.

com.aspose.slides.License licenseSlide = new com.aspose.slides.License();

try {

licenseSlide.setLicense(new java.io.FileInputStream("/Users/i817989/Desktop/Proj/Dell/Aspose/Aspose.Total.Java.lic"));

} catch (FileNotFoundException e2) {

// TODO Auto-generated catch block

e2.printStackTrace();

}

I tested using both 14.5.0 and 8.0.

Second question, what is difference between 14.5.0 and 8.8.0???

Thanks

Hi Jeremy,

I have worked over the scenario shared by you and like to share that I have been able to observe the issue specified. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-34512 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Thanks reply and confirmation of the issue. Can you please answer my second question. Whats difference between the two version 8.8 or 14.6?? Is there a wiki\blog to compare doc the different version of the same ASPOSE Slide library for Java

Hi Jeremy,

I like to share that Aspose.Slides for Java 8.x.x series is legacy API in which we have separate namespaces and classes for managing PPT and PPTX presentation formats. However, in Aspose.Slides for Java 14.x.x series which is also called unified API, we have introduced the single namespace and classes for dealing with PPT and PPTX presentation formats. The legacy 8.x.x series will be discontinued by the end of this month ( after completing three months period where we have maintained versions of unified and legacy API releases in parallel)and we are only maintaining this for purpose that our clients may get a smooth transition from old to new API. In future only Aspose.Slides for Java 14.x.x will be supported.

I hope this will clarify the question requested.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-34512) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.