License not detect on Server (Aspose Demo Tag still shown) - Aspose.Barcode.Reporting.Service

Hi Chet,

I apologize for your inconvenience. We do not use any specific software for performing remote connections to clients. We are aware with Teamviewer and can use it if you like.

We will not make any changes in config files. We might do
  1. Copy/Replace the Aspose.BarCode for Reporting Services dll
  2. View the 2 config files rsreportserver.config and rssrvpolicy.config.
  3. Restart the SQL Reporting Services and View existing reports on the server
  4. View/copy log files
Regarding the time, please tell us your time zone UTC, we will manage to setup the session in your regular office hours.

Hello,

I have GoToMyPC setup on my PC, from there we can remote control one of the servers.

Would you like to schedule a time to do this?

Thanks

Chet Borg

Hi Chet,

Thank you for your response.

Do I have to setup GoToMyPC as well?

I am available for 4 (four) more hours from now, you can schedule it likewise.

No, I wil just need an eamil address to send you an Invitation. Once you accept the invitation you will get access to my PC. I sent you an email with my email address, so as soon as you send me an email I can respond with the invitation, we will be ready to go.

thanks

Chet

Hi Chet,

I have forwarded my email address to you.

Thanks

Hi Chet,

We are preparing a special debug assembly for you to log all the activities in Licensing module. Just wanted to confirm, if we can write the logs on E drive in a single file i.e E:\Aspose.BarCode.txt?

Thank you

Hi Babar,

Writing to the E:\ Drive will be fine.

thanks

Chet

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Attached is the debug version of the Aspose.BarCode for Reporting Services assembly. Please replace the existing dll on your server with the one attached. Restart the Reporting Services and then view the reports.

A file will be created on the root of E drive. Please attach that with your next reply.

Looking forward to your prompt response.

Regards,

Babar,

Here is the file that was generated using the special assmebly.

thanks

Chet

Hi Chet,

Thank you for your help.

We are continuously working to find out the root cause of this issue by testing in different scenarios. Can you please check your server for possible .lic files? Also, can you please tell us if you have ever acquired a temporary license to test Aspose.BarCode for SSRS on your problematic machine with SQL Server 2005 or SQL Server 2008?

Babar,

No - I have never loaded any license on the server, other than the one provided with the email with the invoice.

No - I have never received a temporary license to test Aspose.Barcode.

I have added the two image files which show the results of my searches fro *.lic files on the

C:\ and E:\ drives.

thanks
Chet

Hi Chet,

Thank you for the snapshots. We really appreciate your help in rectifying this issue.

Please find the attachment for another version of debug assembly. We tried to cover more scenarios related to the licensing module in this specially built dll file. Please replace the existing assembly in SSRS/Bin folder with this one. Restart the Reporting Services and check the deployed reports. A file by name of “Aspose.BarCode.txt” will be created on root of the E drive. Please attach that with your next reply.

Regards,

Babar,

Sorry it took so long for the reply, I was out for the Christmas Holiday here in the U.S.

I have attached the aspose.Barcode.txt file per your request. I took a preliminary look at the results of the log and found that it was lookimg for the licesne file at "e:\program files\microsoft sql server\mssql.1\reporting services\reportserver\bin\" - this is the old sql 2003 installation that was has been shutdown.

Just for a test, I copied the license file to the above location. (just the license file, there is not a Aspose.Barcode.ReportingServices.dll at this location.

I re-ran the report, no watermark was visible on the report.

Our 2008 sql server installation path is "E:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10.REPORTSRV3\Reporting Services\ReportServer\". This is the active sql server instance on this server.

thanks

Chet

Cyborg:

Just for a test, I copied the license file to the above location. (just the license file, there is not a Aspose.Barcode.ReportingServices.dll at this location.

I re-ran the report, no watermark was visible on the report.

Hi Chet,

Its great to know that your issue is finally resolved and thank you for all your efforts in resolving it. I am now going to close the ticket associated with this thread by providing your last comments with it. I will also log a separate ticket to provide some functionality in Aspose.BarCode for SSRS assembly to first find the license in it's own directory then search for all active instances of SQL Server.

Please confirm that you are now using the original (not debug) version of Aspose.BarCode for SSRS v4.4.1 assembly and your license is properly set.

Regards,

Babar,

In future releases will the licensing use the information gathered by the configuration tool?

It would sure a eliminate this issue. It leads to confussion when the configuration tool ask what version of the SQL you are using for reporting services and then the licensing software uses what ever version of SQL it finds first.

Another possibility would be to use .net reflection to figure out the location of the DLL - then look in that folder for the license file.

thanks

Chet

Hi Chet,

Thank you for your feedback.

This problem will definitely be fixed in future releases. I have attached this thread to the appropriate ticket (Id 33074) from our bug tracking system. Once this issue is resolved, you will be notified automatically.

Regards,

Babar,

Thank you for all of your help with this, it was greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks

Chet

Dear Aspose Dev/Support team.

We have, the same issue, we have to fix it, ASAP but the latest tomorrow.

Please let me know, any ideas, best practice, suc as how, to config NLB at the same time shoting down one-of the server…

Thanx in advance.

<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Consolas;
mso-fareast-font-family:“Times New Roman”;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;
mso-fareast-language:HU;mso-no-proof:yes”>Sverteczki Kornél<o:p></o:p>

product owner

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sense/Net Zrt.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

1117 Budapest, Infopark sétány 1. Infopark "I" épület

sverteczki.kornel@sensenet.com

tel: +36 1 4647072

fax: +36 1 4647080

mob: +36 30 7374488

http://www.sensenet.com

http://blog.sensenet.com

Sverteczki,

We found out that our problems were not caused by NLB, but actually because we had multiple version of SQL installed on the Servers. Even though all version of SQL were not active on the server, the Licenseing software looked up (I am assuming from the registery) what version of SQL was installed and defaulted to the first version it found. It looked in this location fro the license file.

We corrected the issue by copying the license file to the ...\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin\ directory for all SQL installations.

If this is your issue, hope this helps.

Thanks

Chet

Polar Semiconductor Inc

Hi Sverteczki,

Chet described the issue very well.

Problem occurs when Aspose.BarCode for SSRS assembly tries to find the license (.lic) file on wrong location. That can happen due to multiple instances of SQL Server on same machine. We have fixed this problem and the beta version is under testing. The solution is to add the license to machine registry in binary format so that all the active instances of SQL Server can share the common license. This fix is scheduled to release in 4th week of 2012.

For now, you can solve your problem by placing the lic file where the assembly is expecting it. That is normally the ReportServer/bin folders in SQL Server installation directories.