Licensing failed for Aspose.Zip

Hello,

we use the current version of Aspose.Zip 23.8.

If we call the following code we get an error:
var zipLicense = new Aspose.Zip.License();
zipLicense.SetLicense(LicenseResource);

Error:
Failed to set license. Details: Cannot find license ‘Aspose.Total.NET.lic’.

Happens ONLY with Aspose.Zip All other Aspose.Total products can be licensed error-free.

We bind our license file “Aspose.Total.NET.lic” as an ‘embedded resource’ into the visual studio project, which has always worked so far.

Greetings,
Andy

2023-09-06 15_35_33-ZipLic (Debugging) - Microsoft Visual Studio.png (57,7 KB)

@AStelzner
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): ZIPNET-1063

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Hello @AStelzner, please update to version 23.8.1 which has the problem fixed.

Version 23.8.1 did not fix it for us.
Still getting Cannot find license ‘Aspose.Total.NET.lic’ when I update from 23.7.0 to the latest one.
Our license is valid till September 2024 and all other components are licensed properly in the runtime. Only Zip fails.

1 Like

We don’t have any more problems with this version, thank you :slight_smile:

Hello @prunerj, do you have your license in embedded resource? Please provide some more details about your exception.

Sorry, I was too fast, we still have the problem. Same code!

We got it and doing our best to fix it soon.

Hello @AStelzner and @prunerj
The problem will be fixed soon in 23.9 version.
I can suggest two options for you right away:

1. Rollback to version 23.7 if you do not use recent features coming with 23.8

2. Use interim version Aspose.Zip.23.8.1.nupkg.zip (7.0 MB) with the problem fixed. You can install this package to your local package storage using this command:
    dotnet nuget push Aspose.Zip.23.8.1.nupkg --source "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\NuGetPackages". Then install the package to your project using “Microsoft Visual Studio Offline Packages” source instead of “nuget.org”
    When not needed (probably after version 23.9 released), drop the package from local nuget via command: dotnet nuget delete Aspose.Zip 23.8.1 -s "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\NuGetPackages" --non-interactive

Please let me know if you need any assistance.

Looks like 23.9 solved the issue with the embedded license.