LightCells API giving the exception - Aspose Cells for Java

Hi,

I am using Aspose Cells for Java. I am getting the following exception when I am trying to process the attached workbook.

com.aspose.cells.CellsException: Missing CONTINUE of the string value of formula.
at com.aspose.cells.bu.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.bu.processWorksheet(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.LightCells.processWorkbook(Unknown Source)
at devtest.CellHandlerSample.main(CellHandlerSample.java:59)

Another issue is when I try to read the attached workbook (created in Excel 2003) and try to save it to Excel 2007 format, it generates a corrupt workbook.

Sample code:
workbook.open(“c:\temp\bd1.xls”);
//Generates a corrupt workbook.
workbook.save(“c:\temp\bd1.xlsx”,FileFormatType.EXCEL2007);

Thanks,
Shashi

Hi Shashi,

Thank you for your template, we found the issue and have fixed it, please try this attached fix. And in this version, we support shared formula and array formula for Excel2007 XLSX file now. To process formula text when processing cells, please use LightCells.getInstance("....xlsx", FileFormatType.EXCEL2007, LightCellsSettings.INIT_FOR_FORMULA_TEXT) to get one LightCells instance and use it to process cells.

And please note there is a change of data type for LightCell, now we use a long value instead of Calendar to represent a UTC time if the data type is datetime.

Hi Shashi,

Please ignore the attachment in my previous post, and please try this fix, thank you.

Hi Johnson,

We are using JDK 1.4 and it seems the attached jar has been created using a different version of JDK (1.5 or above). Can you please send a jar that is compatible with JDK 1.4.

Thanks,
Shashi

Hi,

Yes the fix is compiled with JDK5, we will provide JDK1.4 fix soon for you.

Thank you.

Hi Shashi,

Please try this attached fix for JDK1.4. And I lost reply for your second issue in my previous post, for the issue of saving Excel2007, it is because there are some illegal Name for Excel2007 in your template file. To check it, please open your template file by MS Excel2007 and resave it into XLSX format, there will be a dialog to confirm changing those illegal Names. So, please try to avoid define Name with such illegal name when create the file. For this file, I am afraid you have to rename those Names before using Aspose.Cells to process it.