Using Aspose.Cells for Java we are creating a workbook where the first tab is a sheet, the second tab is a line graph (generated from data on the third tab's sheet), and the third tab is a sheet. and we specifically assign a color to each line. (red, green, blue, etc)
We save the resulting xls file and if we open with MS Excel on a MS Windows machine the line chart looks good, if we transfer the xls file to a Mac and open with MS Excel 2008 all of the lines in the line graph are black. This also happens if we generate the workbook from a Mac as well.
I have attached a zip file that includes 2 workbooks, one where the tabs are; sheet, line, sheet and the other is line, sheet, line.
We are using Aspose.Cells for Java 22.214.171.124 (I did try 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 with the same results)
Some of the other things I have tried:
- If the line graph is the first tab the colors work.
- All other graph types (area, stacked bar, cluster bar, pie) work fine.
- All line graphs that are created on a tab that follows a sheet tab have black lines.
- On a workbook that has line graph with black lines I moved the tab to be the first tab and saved it. Then I reopened and it still has black lines.
- I manualy created a workbook in MS Excel 2003 on Windows where the tabs are sheet, graph, sheet, saved it. Opened it with MS Excel 2008 on Mac and the line chart shows colored lines.
- We updated Excel 2008 for Mac to latest update.
Let me know if there is anything else you need.