Lines and/or curves are not exported to U3D

Hi,

Our requirements are exporting a 3D scene, which contains LINES, to U3D format.
It looks like LINES are not exported to U3D.

In the attachments you can find the original scene with LINES, and the wrongly exported U3D without LINES. Please consider this issue, and hope you can fix it soon.

Kind regards,
Phap Nguyen

original with lines.zip (116.2 KB)

@phapnguyen

We have logged an issue as THREEDNET-1002 in our issue tracking system for further investigation. We will look into its details and keep you posted with the status of its correction. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Asad,

This is an urgent issue. We really need this solution for our customer.
Do you plan to implement it? If yes, when I can expect it?

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Phap Nguyen

@phapnguyen

The issue is currently under the investigation phase and we are afraid that we cannot share any reliable ETA at the moment. We will surely try to complete the investigation as soon as possible and once it is done, we will be in a position to share fix ETA with you. We highly appreciate your patience in this regard. Please give us some time.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Hi,

I see that this issue has been resolved (status : Resolved). With which version can I use it?

regards,
Phap

@phapnguyen

The issue has been resolved in 21.12 version of the API. Please download and install the latest version and feel free to let us know in case you face any issues.

Hi Asad,

It seems not working yet. See the attachment (zip file):

• export to GLB seems ok, but
  • export to U3D seems not OK yet.

Issues:

1. lines are not exported to U3D like you said from previous post. So in my opinion it is not yet resolved.
  2. for instance a Cone is not transformed (e.g. rotated) properly in U3D.

Note that export to a GLB is perfect. So if you can fix it like in GLB it should be good. Thanks.

Further more, do you have an example code how to export a correct U3D with lines?

regards,
Phap

axis.zip (13.4 KB)

@phapnguyen

Thanks for your feedback. We have logged another ticket as THREEDNET-1052 in our issue tracking along with your provided information. We will look into its details further and let you know as soon as it is fully rectified. Please be patient and give us some time.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.