Link Styles in Mac OS X Preview

Links inside of PDFs are being “boxed” when viewed in Mac OS X’ Preview application (see attachment). This does not occur in Adobe Reader on either Windows or Mac.

This does not appear to be an issue with PDFs I receive from others (download from internet, saved to PDF from Office Mac, etc). Any idea what is going on here and is there any way to modify the styles of Hyperlinks so as not to display this behavior?

Thanks,

Jeff

Hello Jeff,

Thanks for using our products.

I have created a sample PDF document containing Table Of Contents and have tried viewing it over MAC OSX v<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;
mso-fareast-font-family:SimSun;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;mso-ansi-language:
EN-US;mso-fareast-language:ZH-CN;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>10.6.8 using <span style=“font-size:10.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;
mso-fareast-font-family:SimSun;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;mso-ansi-language:
EN-US;mso-fareast-language:ZH-CN;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>Pview 5.0.3(504.1) and I am unable to notice any problem. For your reference, I have also attached the PDF document that I am trying to view. The file is generated using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 6.2.0.

Can you please share the PDF document that is causing issue when being viewed in OS X Preview application. We are sorry for this inconvenience.
<!–[if gte mso 9]>
<w:WordDocument>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:TrackMoves/>
<w:TrackFormatting/>
<w:PunctuationKerning/>
<w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>
<w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>
<w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent>
<w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
<w:DoNotPromoteQF/>
<w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther>
<w:LidThemeAsian>ZH-CN</w:LidThemeAsian>
<w:LidThemeComplexScript>AR-SA</w:LidThemeComplexScript>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables/>
<w:SnapToGridInCell/>
<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
<w:DontGrowAutofit/>
<w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/>
<w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/>
<w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/>
<w:OverrideTableStyleHps/>
</w:Compatibility>
<m:mathPr>
<m:mathFont m:val=“Cambria Math”/>
<m:brkBin m:val=“before”/>
<m:brkBinSub m:val="–"/>
<m:smallFrac m:val=“off”/>
<m:dispDef/>
<m:lMargin m:val=“0”/>
<m:rMargin m:val=“0”/>
<m:defJc m:val=“centerGroup”/>
<m:wrapIndent m:val=“1440”/>
<m:intLim m:val=“subSup”/>
<m:naryLim m:val=“undOvr”/>
</m:mathPr></w:WordDocument>
<![endif]–><!–[if gte mso 10]>

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}

<![endif]–>

Attached you’ll find both a screenshot of how your PDF looks on my computer, as well as my generated document. Both display the box (solid border) around links both in the table of contents and elsewhere in the document (see documents section in my sample).

I found a similar post referring to Link Borders that might be of interest to you:

Ability to define Link Border Definitions - #5 by caustin - Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Hello Jeff,

Thanks for sharing the PDF document. I have tried viewing the file over MAC OSX v<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;
EN-US;mso-fareast-language:ZH-CN;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>10.6.8 using <span style=“font-size:10.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;
EN-US;mso-fareast-language:ZH-CN;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>Pview 5.0.3(504.1) and I am unable to notice any problem. Indeed it seems to be problem (as you have indicated in snapshot) but in order to get it fixed, we need to replicate this issue at our end. As per my understanding, it seems to be a difference of OS or PView application version. Can you please share some details regarding your working environment. We apologize for this inconvenience.