Linked image to shape

Hi Mudassir,

How can I add a linked image to a shape ?

In case of a picture, there is a method PictureFrame.setPictureFileName(), which will accept an uri. But in case of FillFormat of a shape, there is no such option. With the FillFormat.setPictureId(), it is not possible to create a picture unless we have an Input Stream to the picture.

Kindly suggest a work around for the same. We are using Aspose Slides for Java version 2.4.0

Thanks,
Mani.
(Zoho Corp).

Hi Manivannan,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have tried to understand your problem statement and based on my understanding, please use following code snippet to set URL of shape with Fill Format picture.

PresentationEx pres = new PresentationEx(“c:\LinkImage.pptx”);
ShapeEx shp = pres.getSlides().get(0).getShapes().get(0);
shp.getFillFormat().getPictureFillFormat().getPicture().setUrl("… URL… ");
I hope this answers your query.

Hi Tahir Manzoor,

Sorry, I forgot to mention that it is in ppt and not pptx. How can we achieve the same in ppt (2003) format ?

Thanks for your quick reply.

Best Regards,
Mani.
(Zoho Corp).

Hi Manivannan,

I am sorry to inform you that the requested feature is currently not supported in Aspose.Slides for Java. However, I have logged a new feature request as SLIDESJAVA-28956 in our issue tracking system to support it. You will be notified via this forum thread once this feature is available.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-28956) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.