Links are lost during saving

Hi!

I notice several malfunctions using Aspose.Slides for dotnet :

1) color and aligment are lost if shape text is changed
2) some shapes are not rendered correctly to pdf
3) links are lost during conversion from ppt to pdf
4) links are lost, shapes receive extra shadow after saving to pptx and pdf

I have no workaround for the link bug

Please see attached code and PP document.

Regards

Hi Pascal,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the requirements shared and you have in fact shared a number of issues and will address them all independently.

pbost:
Hi!

1) color and aligment are lost if shape text is changed

This is in fact not an issue. You are actually setting the text on TextFrame level, when you do so the text formatting get reset. In order to preserve the text formatting you need to set the text on portion level as given below. So, this will resolve the issue. I have also share the generated PPT and PPTX as well for reference.
// Modify text
if (shape.TextFrame != null)
{
//shape.TextFrame.Text += "new";
shape.TextFrame.Paragraphs[0].Portions[0].Text += "new";
// shape.TextFrame.FitShapeToText = true;
}

if (shapeex is AutoShapeEx)
{
// modify text
// ((AutoShapeEx)shapeex).TextFrame.Text += "new";
((AutoShapeEx)shapeex).TextFrame.Paragraphs[0].Portions[0].Text += "new";
}

pbost:
2) some shapes are not rendered correctly to pdf

I have obsreved the issue with Shape 7 and Shape 10 getting improperly rendered in generated PDF. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-33844 has been created to resolve the issue.

pbost:

I have observed missing hyperlinks for shapes in generated PDF and an issue with ID SLIDESNET-33842 has been created to resolve the issue.

pbost:
4) links are lost, shapes receive extra shadow after saving to pptx and pdf

I have observed the missing hyperlinks in generated PPTX and an issue with ID SLIDESNET-33843 has been created to resolve the issue. I have also observed the issue of shadows getting appeared in generated PPTX and an issue with ID SLIDESNET-33845 has been created to resolve the issue. I have not been able to observe the issue of shadows in generated PDFs for PPTX presentations. I have observed missing hyperlinks for PDF files generated from PPTX presentation but this issue is not directly reproducible as PPTX generated from PPT has missing hyperlinks. So, when source has missing hyperlinks it will also be missing in generated PDF.

I have linked all the mentioned issues with this thread so that you may be automatically notified once the issues will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Pascal,

I have a workaround to offer for shadow effects getting appeared in generated PPTX. You need to set the shadow effects to null for every shape text frame. Hopefully, things will work for you as well. So, the only two issues will remain, i.e, missing hyperlinks and improper shapes getting rendered.

public static void PPTtoPPTX()
{
// License license = new License();
// license.SetLicense(“Aspose.Slides.lic”);

String path = @“D:\Aspose Data”;
Presentation ppt = new Presentation(path+“trial.ppt”);
MemoryStream stream = new MemoryStream();
ppt.Write(stream);

stream.Position = 0;
PresentationEx pptx = new PresentationEx(stream);
pptx.Write(path + “trial3.pptx”);

pptx = new PresentationEx(path + “trial3.pptx”);
SlideEx slide=null;
ShapeEx shape = null;
AutoShapeEx ashp = null;
TextFrameEx txt = null;

for (int i = 0; i < pptx.Slides.Count; i++)
{
slide=pptx.Slides[i];
for (int j = 0; j < slide.Shapes.Count; j++)
{
shape = slide.Shapes[j];
if (shape is AutoShapeEx)
{
ashp = (AutoShapeEx)shape;

if (ashp.TextFrame != null)
{
txt = ashp.TextFrame;
PortionEx por = txt.Paragraphs[0].Portions[0];
if (por.PortionFormat.EffectFormat.OuterShadowEffect != null)
{
por.PortionFormat.EffectFormat.OuterShadowEffect = null;
}
}

}//End AutoshapeEx

}//For Shape End

}//For Slide End
pptx.Write(path + “trial_new.pptx”);

}

Many Thanks,
Mudassir:
pbost:

I have observed missing hyperlinks for shapes in generated PDF and an issue with ID SLIDESNET-33842 has been created to resolve the issue.

Hello,

Any update for this issue ?

Hi Pascal,

I have verified from our development team and like to share that the issue shared has been scheduled for Week 08/2013. We will be able to share the further feedback with you after the investigation will be completed by our development team.

Many Thanks,

The multithread issue is now corrected, thanks again !

What about this lost links issue ?

Regards

Hi,

I have observed the issues status from our issue tracking system and regret to share that the concerned issues are blocked due to some internal issues. Once the dependent issues will be resolved, the concerned issues will also be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-33842) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-33843) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.