Links not working when PDF is converted to Accessible Tagged Document C#

Hi,

In our project, we had an existing PDF file which needs to be converted into tagged PDF in order to meet accessibility requirements. So I used below code and the PDF file was successfully converted to tagged PDF. Now the problem is that, in the converted file, the links (which were originally anchor tags) are not working. Please help me in this context. I am also attaching sample pdf file.Documents ABA Board Authority.pdf (64.8 KB)

Document pdfDocument = new Document(inputPdfPath);
Document pdfDocument1 = new Document();
foreach (Page pdfPage in pdfDocument.Pages)
{
	Artifact a = new Artifact(Artifact.ArtifactType.Page, Artifact.ArtifactSubtype.Background);
	a.SetPdfPage(pdfPage);
	Page aPage = pdfDocument1.Pages.Add();
	aPage.Artifacts.Add(a);
}

pdfDocument1.Convert(xmlPath, PdfFormat.PDF_UA_1, ConvertErrorAction.Delete);

pdfDocument1.Save(outputPdfPath);

@mtn3840

We checked the PDF shared by you and noticed that the link in it was not working even before converting it to PDF. Would you please make sure that the link in source PDF file is working and if so is the case, please let us know in which viewer you are viewing the file so that we can also try to replicate the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

@mtn3840

We checked the PDF shared by you and noticed that the link in it was not working even before converting it to PDF. Would you please make sure that the link in source PDF file is working and if so is the case, please let us know in which viewer you are viewing the file so that we can also try to replicate the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply!

I am attaching original source pdf Documents_ABA_Board_Authority_OriginalSourcePDF.pdf (47.4 KB)
In this pdf you can see that the google link is working. I tried it in chrome as well as in Adobe Acrobat, the link works in both the viewers.
I am also attaching the converted tagged pdf Documents_ABA_Board_Authority_TaggedPDF.pdf (48.5 KB)
which is converted using the same code which I mentioned in my initial post. Here you can see that the google link is not working. I tried it in chrome and Adobe Acrobat.

@mtn3840

We were now able to reproduce the issue in our environment using Aspose.PDF for .NET 20.12. Therefore, have logged it as PDFNET-49240 in our issue tracking system for the sake of rectification. We will further look into its details and keep you posted with the status of its correction. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi,
We are waiting for a response on this, any update would be helpful. Thanks.

@mtn3840

The issue has recently been logged in our issue tracking system and its investigation is not yet completed. Please note that it will be resolved on first come first serve basis. It is currently under the investigation phase and as soon as it is fixed, we will update you in this forum thread. Please give us some time.

Hi,

Thanks for the update!

Could you please help us with any estimates around this or how many requests stand ahead of us? This will really help in giving assurance to our clients.

@mtn3840

We are afraid that we cannot share any promising ETA or timeline for issue resolution before it is completely investigated. However, as shared earlier, the issue is currently under the phase of investigation and as soon as it is done, we will be in a position to share updates with you. We have also recorded your concerns and will consider them during the investigation. Please give us some time.

Hi,

Is there any update on this issue?

@mtn3840

Sadly, the investigation against the ticket is not yet completed. We will surely post an update in this forum thread as soon as we have some regarding issue resolution. We highly appreciate your patience and comprehension in this matter.

We apologize for your inconvenience.