LINQ Reporting Engine - Conditional Table Cells Merging

I am trying to convert word template into DOCX document using Aspose LINQ Reporting Engine.

I have one scenario where table cells are getting merged vertically depending upon data structure.
I have attached one of the table example here.
TableCellsConditionalMergingIssue.zip (9.4 KB)

Is this possible to create this kind of merging cells structure using LINQ Reporting Engine?

@psluzhevsky,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please refer to the following article.
Working with Table-Row Conditional Blocks

Could you please share your data source in the form of XML and some more detail about your use case? We will then provide you more information about your query.

AsposeTestConsole_CondCell.zip (5.8 KB)

I have created and attached small example console here.
This has my custom object structure which will be input to the LINQ Reporting Engine.
If you create POCExample_Template_INPUT.docx file as Template and run the console, it should generated word document with data.

Please check and let me know if you need any inputs on this.

@psluzhevsky,

Thanks for sharing the detail. We have noticed that you want to merge table’s cell vertically where data is duplicated. We have logged this feature request as WORDSNET-15798 in our issue tracking system. Our product team will look into the possibility of implementation of this feature. Once we have any information about this feature, we will update you via this forum thread.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

@psluzhevsky,

In your case, we suggest you please merge the table’s cell vertically that have same data. Please check the attached code example (MergeCellsWithSameTextVertically method) and template document. Hope this helps you. Modified.zip (10.7 KB)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-15798) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 19.1 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 19.1 update.

@psluzhevsky,

Please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET i.e. 19.1. The table cell merging is now available through using the newly added cellMerge tags. The “Merging Table Cells Dynamically” section of the documentation of LINQ Reporting Engine was added to describe the change.