Linq reporting select + predicate

hello
is there a way to have objects.Select(o=>Property1) or objects.distinct(o=>Property1) inside linq reporting template ?

if not what is the workaround ?

thanks
sebastien

@miniseb31,

We have logged your requirement in our issue tracking system. Your ticket number is WORDSNET-17851. We will further look into the details of this requirement and will keep you updated on the status of the linked issue.

thanks for your reply,

is there a workaround ?

@miniseb31,

No. Your issue is currently pending for analysis and is in the queue. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved or any workaround is available.

@miniseb31,

The workaround or solution depends on details of your particular scenario. Please elaborate your usecase with the help of simple example(s). And what do you want to do with the results of the query? Calculate a value, say a sum? Or iterate over items and output the values? Thanks for your cooperation.

yes of course, here is my real use case :
i want to merge cells as following
my model is List of Cities

• CityName
  • CountryName

I want to merge cells for different cities with the same country name.

please see the result document i want to achieve
image.png (1.8 KB)

@miniseb31,

Thanks for the details. We will keep you posted on further updates.

@miniseb31,

Please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET i.e. 19.1. The table cell merging is now available through using the newly added cellMerge tags. The “Merging Table Cells Dynamically” section of the documentation of LINQ Reporting Engine was added to describe the change.

that s great thanks

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-17851) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 21.3 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 21.3 update.