List Indentation is different after HTML to Docx conversion at Linux and MAC using Java

Hello,

When converting HTML to a MS Word doc we have run into an issue where Roman Ordered lists - list-style-type: upper-roman AND list-style-type: lower-roman are both converted with the list items mis-aligned. I was able to get around this by adding “list-style-position: outside”.

However, when generating the document on our server the problem remains. Basically this seems to work properly on my Mac but not a linux server.

We are using Aspose Words 20.1 and JAVA 8 in all environments. I am attaching the src HTML doc and resulting Ms Word doc from each env.

Server:

• CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810 (Core)
  • java version “1.8.0_172”

Local:

• macOS Catalina 10.15.2
  • java version “1.8.0_211”

Please offer some guidance on how we can get the proper alignment, which would be each decimal of the Roman List above each other as shown in the MacOS doc.

roman-indent.zip (14.0 KB)

@pjoyce

Please note that Aspose.Words mimics the behavior of MS Word. The output generated at Linux operating system seems correct. Could you please try the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java 20.3 and share the output documents here for further testing? We will investigate the issue and provide you more information on it.

We were able to solve this by installing msttcore-fonts on our system. This fixes the problem but MS discontinued these and we ‘found’ them on sourceforge. We are concerned there may be licensing issues. I have seen discussions mentioning FallBackFonts in these pages. Do you have a recommendation of similar fonts we may use to solve this problem ? My company is concerned about possible licensing issues.

@pjoyce

We are working over your query and will get back to you soon.

@pjoyce

We suggest you please install fonts on your system as suggest here:
Installing TrueType Fonts on Linux

Regarding font license issue, please post your query in relevant forum. Please let us know if you have any query related to Aspose.Words’ API.