List "Strangeness" (MS Word -> HTML)

Hi,

When we convert the attached MSWord document to HTML using Aspose Word for Java 4.0.1, we noticed that the ordered list is changed from:

<ol><li>Line 1</li><li>Line 2</li><li>Line3</li><li>(no "4."
</li><li>One</li><li>Two</li><li>Three</li></ol>

To (with a line break between #3 & #4):

<ol><li>Line 1</li><li>Line 2</li><li>Line3</li><li>One</li><li>Two</li><li>Three</li></ol>

I’ve set all lists within the document to use the default bullets. Any thoughts on what we’re seeing here and maybe a solution?

Thanks for all of your help!
Dave

Opps, Just realized that I forgot to upload the doc. Please find it attached to this message.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your request. Actually, I cannot see any lists with seven items in your document. I can see only list like the following:
New Numbered List

1. Line 1
  2. Line 2
  3. Line3
  4. One
  5. Two
  6. Three

And the same list I can see in the output HTML. Maybe you attached wrong document.
Best regards.

Right document - Sorry, I realize that my message was confusing. The problem that my client is complaining about is that in the generated HTML, the list isn’t an HTML List (i.e. using <ol><li><./li>...</ol> tags). What is generated is somewhat a visual representation, but not actually using the html list tags.

Below are the tags we are seeing, notice that there are no html list tags, only paragraph & span tags.

<p style="margin: 0pt; padding: 0pt;">
    <span>New Numbered List</span>
</p>
    <span>1.</span>
    <span>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</span>
    <span>Item 1</span>
</p>
    <span>2.</span>
    <span>Item 2</span>
</p>
    <span>3.</span>
    <span>Item 3</span>
</p>
    <span>&nbsp;</span>
</p>
    <span>5.</span>
    <span>One</span>
</p>
    <span>6.</span>
    <span>Two</span>
</p>
    <span>7.</span>
    <span>Three</span>
</p>

Hi

Thanks for your request. Yes, lists are output to HTML like this. This was done to output list numbering better. As you may know, there is no native method in HTML to output multilevel lists.
We will consider adding an option, which controls how lists are exported to HTML. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-1170) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(11)