List types randomly rendering bullets as numbers and numbers as bullets

We had been using a very old version of Aspose Words for document generation for many years. In April of this year, a system enhancement required us to update to a 2021 version of the product in order to gain access to methods added between our old version and the latest version available to us at the time under our license expiring in June 2021.

Since the April enhancement, we have received and confirmed, reports of Ordered and Unordered lists generated from input into a rich text editor randomly rendering ordered lists as unordered, and vice versa. The html stored in the database as a result of user input has been reviewed and found to be syntactically correct.

We have subsequently tried upgrading, using a trial license, to the latest stable version of Words for .Net with no resolution to the issue. From there, we have attempted to downgrade to earlier versions of Words, going back all the way to 2017, and the issue persists. The only version we’ve found that clears the rendering issue is the original 2014 version we were using prior to the enhancement.

Looking for anyone else seeing this sort of error when rendering documents, using templates and mailmerge fields, where lists are being inserted from html input.

@morlanrf Could you please attach your input documents and code that will allow us to reproduce the problem or create a simple console application? We will check the issue on our side and provide you more information. Unfortunately it is difficult to say what might cause the problem without an ability to reproduce it on our side.

Unfortunately, the code is part of our Enterprise Management System, and content is associated with a govt. contract so cannot be shared.

I understand your need to reproduce it, however we’re not able to provide the files. Even if we could, it isn’t every time and the switch from ordered list to unordered list, and vice versa, is random at best.

I was more asking in the context of whether any others have reported similar issues.

Thanks

@morlanrf I am afraid, as of now, we haven’t received any similar reports from our other customers. So if you possible please provide additional details of the problem, so we can reproduce it on our side.