ListColumn.getRange() returns null

Hello,
I’m writing you because I was a little confused by results of my tests for aspose-cells.8.5.0
The deal is that I upload document with table and then perform:

ListObjectCollection tables = sheet.getListObjects();
if (tables != null) {
for (int j = 0; j < tables.getCount(); j++) {
if (tables.get(j) != null) {
ListColumnCollection columns = tables.get(j).getListColumns();
ListColumn listC = columns.get(0);//I can see columns.get(0).getName() here
listC .getRange();//here is null

}
}
}
Of cause I always could get result of tables.get(j).getDataRange() //not null
But what is wrong with ListColumn.getRange() ? Could you please say if I made mistake?
Thank you in advance

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Please also provide us some excel document containing your table/list object so that we could test your code and investigate this issue at our end further. We will look into it and update you asap.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Hello.
Thank you for so immediate answer.
Please see attachment

Hi Akane,

Thank you for providing the sample spreadsheet.

We have evaluated the presented scenario while using the latest version of Aspose.Cells for Java 8.5.0.4, and we are able to notice the problem. The ListColumn.getRange function always returns null. We have logged an investigative ticket (CELLSJAVA-41412) in our database to look further into this matter. Please allow us some time for proper analysis. In the meanwhile, we will keep you posted with updates in this regard.

Thank you. Looking forward for results

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We have fixed
this issue now. We will provide you a fix in couple of days after
incorporating other enhancements and fixes and conducting some extensive
testing. Once, it is available for you, we will let you know asap by
posting in this thread.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-41412) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hello,
Thank you for your work, I’ve tested the last release and don’t observe the issue with null ranges now.

But I have another problem now. With the same document, just some lines later. I can’t get fontSettings for cell of table:
ListColumnCollection columns = tables.get(j).getListColumns();
if (columns != null) {
Cell cell = null;
for (int c = 0; c < columns.getCount(); c++) {
Range range = columns.get©.getRange();
if(range!=null){
for (int r = 0; r < range.getRowCount(); r++) {
cell = range.get(r, 0);
FontSetting[] fontSettings = cell != null ? cell.getCharacters() : null;//HERE IS NULL
if (fontSettings != null) {

}
}
}
}
}

Could you please check this moment on your end (is it bug, or my own trouble?) Thank you in advance.

Hi Akane,

Thank you for the confirmation on previously reported problem. Regarding the recent concerns, we appreciate if you can create a new thread providing the supporting document(s) for our testing because the current thread’s title does seem to be irrelevant to the recently shared concerns. Moreover, it is advised to create a new a new thread for every distinct problem for the ease of tracking your request.

By the way, we need your complete code so we have some idea about which cell is being referenced along with the sample spreadsheet used for testing on your side.

Hello,
Ok i’ll do it. Thank you for attention