We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

ListObject.ListColumns[i].Name is incorrect when Workbook opens XLS file

For a list in a workbook from a .xls file:


returns "1", "2", "3", "4".

If I save the file as XLSX, the API works as expected.


Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue by executing the following sample code with the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v8.6.1.6
. The ListObject.ListColumns[i].Name does not return correct name for XLS file but it returns correct name for XLSX file.

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

  • CELLSNET-44076 - ListObject.ListColumns[i].Name is incorrect when Workbook opens XLS file

I have also attached the source xls and xlsx files for a reference.

//Works good for XLSX file
//Works bad for XLS file
Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

Worksheet worksheet = workbook.Worksheets[0];

ListObject ListObject = worksheet.ListObjects[0];


Hi Dmitry,

This is to update you that we have fixed the problem logged earlier as CELLSNET-44076. We will provide the fix here with next revision of the API as soon as we have conducted the quality assurance and have incorporated other enhancements.


Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.6.2.3

We have fixed your issue now.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44076) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.