Load Filter causes crash

I get an exception when I run the code below on the attached file (same happens with XLSX too). Removing the load filter style will make it work again.

Related: I have some really big files (100+ MB) that I don't need the styling information for,
can I exclude styling, is this supposed to work?

var filePath = @"c:\temp\test.xls";
var loadFilter = new LoadFilter(LoadDataFilterOptions.All & ~LoadDataFilterOptions.Style);
var asposeOptions = new Aspose.Cells.LoadOptions
{
MemorySetting = MemorySetting.MemoryPreference,
LoadFilter = loadFilter
};
va workbook = new Workbook(filePath, asposeOptions);

Type:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

StackTrace:
at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
at ​ ..
at Aspose.Cells.Workbook. (Stream , LoadOptions , Boolean)
at Aspose.Cells.Workbook..ctor(Stream stream, LoadOptions loadOptions)

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue as per your description with your sample code and source Excel file. We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-45411 - Load Filter causes crash while loading Excel file

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSNET-45411 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.
Hi,

Please download and try the following latest fix

Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.5.9 (.NET 2.0) compiled in .NET Framework 2.0.
Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.5.9 (.NET 4.0) compiled in .NET Framework 4.0.

and let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

While the specific issue above is addressed, loadfilter still does not work properly.

The code below uses a load filter where I do not want to load chart information (also doesn’t work with conditional formating, etc.). Even though there is no chart in the attached workbook, once the load filter is applied the hyperlink in the attached workbook is no longer detected.

Can you please fix this? This keeps me from using the load filter.

public static void LoadFilterBug()
{
var loadFilter = new LoadFilter(LoadDataFilterOptions.All & ~LoadDataFilterOptions.Chart);
var asposeOptions = new Aspose.Cells.LoadOptions{LoadFilter = loadFilter};
var wb = new Workbook(@“c:\temp\LoadFilterBug.xlsx”, asposeOptions);
Console.WriteLine(wb.Worksheets[0].Hyperlinks.Count); //should be 1 but is 0 with load filter
}

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue and logged it in our database for an investigation and for a fix. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other news for you, we will update you asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-45427 - Hyperlink is not detected when Charts are not loaded with LoadFilter

Thank you.

This is quite urgent since we have big files (300 MB) that cause memory exceptions and we really want to leverage load filters to minimize memory usage.

We already have the memory setting applied which helps somewhat, but need to save more memory by not for example reading in all of the formatting/styling.

Hi,

We will provide fix for this issue soon. LoadFilterOptions was originally designed for special purpose which is mainly used with LightCells together. When more and more users use it for more common and extended scenarios, we need to improve it step by step according to user’s situations.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45411) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET 17.6.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.