Load / save without modification of msg with embedded form cannot be opened by Outlook

Using the steps here, I created an email form with Reply/Reply All disabled: Outlook 2019/2016: Disable "Reply to All" for Message Recipients

Then I wrote the following smple code:

var message = MapiMessage.FromFile("C:\\noreply.msg");
message.Save("C:\\noreply2.msg");

Trying to open noreply2.msg results in Outlook displaying “Cannot read the item.”

@ajryan,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support team.

Could you please send us your sample source file “noreply.msg” which you have created using above method? Also please send us the output file “noreply2.msg” and version of Aspose.Email library used for testing. It will help us to observe the problem here and assist you further.

1 Like

I’ve tried to reproduce this again today but the saved files are not corrupt. There must have been something unique about the message I was working with yesterday. If I come across the issue again I will post some samples.

In any case, my goal was to modify an existing .msg and remove the ability to reply and forward. I was able to accomplish this by adapting the technique described here and setting the PidLibVerbStream named property.

@ajryan,

Thank you for the feedback and feel free to send us sample files when available. We will provide you assistance once the sample files are received.