Load XLS files exported from Access via Aspose.Cells in .NET

Hi,

We’re experiencing a problem with Aspose.Cells to PDF convertion, when using an Excel spreadsheet, exported from Access.

The spreadsheet is attached.

The error is as follows:

This file’s format is not supported or you don’t specify a correct format.

Stacktrace:

at Aspose.Cells.Workbook.­Ÿ(String , LoadOptions )

at Aspose.Cells.Workbook…ctor(String file)

<span lang=“EN-US” style=“font-size:11.0pt;font-family:“Calibri”,sans-serif;
mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:
“Times New Roman”;color:#1F497D;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:
EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”> at
Sbsys.Services.PdfKonvertering.AsposeConverter.ConvertExcelDocument(String
inputPath)

Hi,

Thanks for the template file.

I have checked your template Excel file, it is “Microsoft Excel 5.0/95 Workbook”. This is older Excel file format that we do not support it, so, you are getting the exception e.g “…This file’s format is not supported…”. For your information, Aspose.Cells supports BIFF8 or greater formats (Excel 97 - Excel 2010/2013). To confirm it is “Microsoft Excel 5.0/95 Workbook”, you may try to open it into MS Excel 2003/2007 and try Save it As, now you can see the save as type i.e. “Microsoft Excel 5.0/95 Workbook” in the Save As dialog box.

As a workaround, you may try the following steps to work with the file for Aspose.Cells product, so that Aspose.Cells could open/process or render the file to PDF fine.
e.g
Open your template file into MS Excel (e.g…,Ms Excel 2003 or 2007).
Save the file As “Microsoft Office Excel Workbook”.
Now you can use Aspose.Cells to open/manipulate or render the file for your requirements, it will work fine.

Note: I am afraid, there is no other alternative as above because Aspose.Cells does not support BIFF7 or earlier MS Excel formats.

Thank you.

@dimtermki,

We recommend you to kindly try upgrading to and use latest version of the product which includes support for older BIFF7 (Excel 95/5.0 - 2003 Workbook) formats with enhancements now:

Also, see the document for supported input and output file formats by Aspose.Cells: