Loading certain PDF files will throw an obfuscated exception

While using Aspose.Pdf 7.6.0, we have a few PDF files that can be loaded in Acrobat Reader, but cause the following exception to be thrown when opening with Aspose:

.: Each key should be Pdf Name
at .?..(a , ?& )
at ..(a , ?& )
at ...(a , ?& )
at ..(a , ?& )
at .?.( )
at .?.(Int32 , Int32 )
at ..()
at ..()
at ..()
at Aspose.Pdf.Document.?()

The attached files reproduce the issue. If these are indeed not supported by Aspose.Pdf, we would request that the exception thrown is not obfuscated so we can properly catch it.

Hi Barry,

Sorry for the inconvenience faced. While using the latest version of Aspose.Pdf i.e. v7.6.0, I have managed to reproduce this issue on my side. For further investigation, could you please confirm the source of these Pdf documents or how are these documents created? Although Adobe reader is loading these documents but unable to read document properties.

<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;line-height:115%;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;
mso-fareast-font-family:“Times New Roman”;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:
EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>Best Regards,

Hi Barry,

Thanks for contacting support.

Adding further to Tilal’s comments, I
am also able to reproduce the exception while loading PDF files. For the sake of correction, I have
logged it in our issue tracking system as
PDFNEWNET-34693. We will investigate this
issue in details and will keep you updated on the status of a correction.

We
apologize for your inconvenience.

These PDF files were attachments to emails in the public Enron email data set. So they are relatively old, but we are using this dataset as a test case.

http://www.edrm.net/resources/data-sets/edrm-enron-email-data-set-v2

Hi Barry,

I have again tested the scenario using PDF document shared over [this link](http://awsdocs.s3.amazonaws.com/EC2/latest/ec2-ug.pdf) and as per my observations, the PDF file is properly being developed and manipulated with Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.6.0. If you are still facing any issue, please share some details and required documents.

The problematic PDFs are attached to the first message in this thread. Not sure how that linked PDF is relevant.

krambs:
The problematic PDFs are attached to the first message in this thread.

Hi Barry,

As shared earlier, I have been able to reproduce the issue while using the PDF files shared in first post and the problem has been logged in our issue tracking system. As soon this issue is resolved, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.
krambs:
Not sure how that linked PDF is relevant.
I am afraid I am still unable to understand your perspective as the document link which I have shared in my earlier post, I got the link from one of your previous posts. We are sorry for this confusion.

Tilal Ahmed asked about the source of the attached PDF files. They were from the publicly available Enron email PSTs. The link in post 435297 is information about how to obtain a copy of that dataset.

Hi Barry,

Thanks for providing additional information and we apologize for the confusion created due to the problematic Pdf document source question. We will keep you updated via this thread regarding your issue resolution progress.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-34693) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.7.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.