Loading contact from vCard with HTML in Notes field

Hi,

Trying to add a contact from vCard to the PST and when I have a Note field in the vCard with HTML or even with “\n” leaves HTML tags (HTML is not rendered) and “\n” newline is also not shown as a new line but as “\n”.
Using version 4.0.0.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support team again.

I have analyzed the requirement and created a sample contact having formatted notes by setting font to Heading1 using Outlook 2010. This sample contact is saved on disc and then I double clicked it to view the notes formatting. It is observed that all the formatting is gone and plain text is present there as notes. Also if we open the saved contact using notepad, it can be seen that no html tags are there in the notes.

Therefore, this does not seem to be an issue with Aspose.Email but is an expected behavior and notes formatting is not retained similar to Outlook.

Please feel free to write us back if you have any other query in this regard.

Hi,

Maybe I wasn’t clear.
I’m loading vCard to the MapiContact, the note field sometimes is only text with \n (valid formatting according to the vCard rfc) and sometimes it’s html.
In both cases when I’m opening the pst in the Outlook 2010, the note field is contains all html tags and \n also.
The question if this is Aspose.Email issue or Outlook issue. And how can I overcome this issue (format string properly).

Thanks

Hi,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

I have tried to find the reference to formatted notes in vCard however could not succeed to find it in the RFC. Could you please provide some reference in RFC where vCard notes formatting is referred w.r.t. html? Also please let us know some tool which loads formatted notes in the vCard. It will help us to discuss the matter with the development team and provide the solution as soon as possible.

Your cooperation is appreciated in this regard.

Hi,

The rfc : http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2426.txt
Is not talking about html tags, but about \n - yes, you can see in section 2.4.2 VCARD.
The \n is also not recognized in the note field and my assumption that html tags also for the same problem.

Thanks

Hi,

I have passed this information to the development team and asked for comments. Could you please spare little time to get feedback from the developers?

Thank you for your patience in this regard.

Sure,

Thanks

Hi,

We have analyzed the requirement and found that “\n” is not working in VCard notes. This issue is logged in our issue tracking system under id:NETWRKJAVA-33377. Development team will look into it on its turn and will share their findings with us. I will write back here as soon as some feedback is received from the developers.

We have also searched for any reference to html formatting but could not find it therefore we are afraid to share that this feature cannot be provided by Aspose.Email.

Please feel free to write us back if you have any other query related to Aspose.Email.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as NETWRKJAVA-33377) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi,

Is there any progress to allow correct formatting of the HTML in notes ?
Currently HTML in notes for contact is rendered as text with HTML tags.

Thanks

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us again.

As discussed earlier it is neither supported by Outlook nor found in any RFC. I am afraid that currently there is no plan to implement such feature, however you may please keep on reviewing the future monthly release notes for implementation of any such feature.

Please feel free to write us back if you have any other query related to Aspose.Email.

Hi,

Actually I found in MapiContact this functionality - it’s a body.
So I can set body as HTML, Plain text or RTF.
And it’s working, with some HTML formatting issues like inability to recognize and remove some unicode characters and text don’t look formatted, but at least the 99% of HTML tags are removed.
Some improvement here is required.

Thanks

Hi,

We are sorry for a delayed response.

Could you please share your results alongwith some sample code and output where the 99% of HTML tags are removed? We will discuss the scenario with our development team for any such implementation possibility and assist you further accordingly.