Loading OneNote file causes an exception "Unable to retrieve Global Identifier Table" in .NET

The very first function call fails when opening your test ASPOSE.ONE
The file exists, and the path is correct.

How best to proceed?

Ken Davies
ken@imgmaker.com
604 525-2108

@ken68927,

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please share the sample OneNote file with us for our reference. Also, please make sure you are using the latest version of the API at your end.

I downloaded the .NET sample code from your website. The sample code is provided in a link to a source code repository specified in the support area.
The file I downloaded was 13,153,281 bytes in size: Aspose.Note-for-.NET-master.zip

I modified the sample source code to open a .ONE file by un-commenting the line to open the One file, and in a second place to specify the name.

The downloaded zip file contains a number of ONE note test files. I tried opening Aspose.one and Sample1.one with the same error result: “Unable to retrieve Global Identifier Table”
File location in the zip file for the test ONE note files is: Aspose.Note-for-.NET-master\Examples\Data\Loading-and-Saving

Note:
I found it strange that you only provide un-compiled sample source code without a compiled test EXE harness. It’s a lot easier to track down problems if there is a test EXE to compare against.

I would be interested in purchasing your OneNote product for the purposes of extracting documents and attachments from the OneNote repository, including saved ‘version’ documents that can’t be extracted using the Micsrosoft provided API.

Can you confirm that I will be able to access ‘version’ documents using your tool once I’m able to get it working?

Page versions can be viewed from the Share tab, page versions, View alternate versions that exist for this page.

I have sent this reply a week ago. I have not got back any response.
ken@imgmaker.com

@ken68927,

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

There was no file specified in the sample code Loading-and-Saving/LoadOneNoteDoc.cs file due to which it was not able to work. Please note that Notebook works with .onetoc2 type of files and not with .one files. That is the reason you get error when specify any .one file.

We have updated the code samples now and you can try these at your end. Aspose.Note API does allow you to work with Page Revision Information and Page History Information. You can have a look at these for your requirements and let us know if we can be of any additional help to you in this regard.