Loading PowerPoint Presentation File Hangs in Aspose.Slides for Java

Currently working on an issue where when a 6 slide file is attempted to be imaged, we run into an issue with the following line of code

com.aspose.slides.Presentation presentation = new com.aspose.slides.Presentation(inFilePath);

setting breakpoints and remote debugging leads to a hang on this line, that then causes our worker to automatically fail the job after an hour passes. I’ve run this multiple times and each time has hanged at this line. I cannot attach the file in question to this post since it is a ppt file. No errors are listed in the logs, other than just the evident one hour delay between when it starts to execute this line, and when it inevitably gives up on trying to progress.

The file opens fine in microsoft powerpoint, and I don’t see any current issues why the file would have a problem. Appreciate and feedback provided!

@JakeatEpiq22,
Thank you for contacting support.

Please check your results using the latest version of Aspose.Slides for Java if it is possible. If the issue persists, please share the following files and information:

• presentation file (you can zip the file and upload an archive here)
  • code example or a simple project that reproduces the problem
  • OS version on which the code was executed
  • JDK version in your app
  • Aspose.Slides version you used

Currently trying to find if the issue could be resolved without changing version.

• ENF.CL.00660410.0.ppt.7z (1.5 MB)

• code example of issue line given in initial post

• W10 OS

• openjdk version 11.0.17

• Aspose.Slides version 22.6

@JakeatEpiq22,
Thank you for the presentation file and information. I am working on the issue and will get back to you as soon as possible.

@JakeatEpiq22,
I reproduced the problem with loading the PPT file you provided using Aspose.Slides 22.6/23.2.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): SLIDESJAVA-39135

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

@JakeatEpiq22,
Our developers have investigated the case. This behavior occurs because the presentation contains a lot of images that should be loaded from URLs.

You can skip loading such images using the following code:

LoadOptions loadOptions = new LoadOptions();
loadOptions.setResourceLoadingCallback(new ResourceLoading());
Presentation presentation = new Presentation("ENF.CL.00660410.0.ppt", loadOptions);
public static class ResourceLoading implements IResourceLoadingCallback
{
    public final int resourceLoading(IResourceLoadingArgs args)
    {
        System.out.println(args.getOriginalUri());

return ResourceLoadingAction.Skip;
    }
}

In addition, you can figure out which image causes your application to hang. To do this, change the ResourceLoadingAction to Default.

Documents: Open Presentation
API Reference: IResourceLoadingCallback interface