Loading PPT File Throws RuntimeException: Unable to Instantiate Presentation

Hi,

I am writing to you about a problem we encountered in working with MSO PowerPoint document using the Aspose Slides for Java library (v21.10). Specifically, when we try to load a document an exception is thrown - java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate Presentation.

I am enclosing the zip file with test code, as well as the source PP file.

In the hope that together we will quickly overcome the problem!
Best regards!

Nenad

test code and file.zip (317.3 KB)

@zpredojevic,
Thank you for contacting support.

To investigate this case on our end, please specify the following:

• JDK version
  • OS version on which the error occurred

@Andrey_Potapov

• OpenJDK 11
  • Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS

@zpredojevic,
Unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce the error on my side. Please share the following:

• simple project
  • stack trace of the error

@zpredojevic,
Thank you for the issue description.

Unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce the error you described. But I faced ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException. Could you please confirm if this exception is the cause of your RuntimeException?

When the code sample attached when creating the topic (text code.txt) is run, the RuntimeException is thrown with the following stack trace: 2782.png (122.0 KB)

@zpredojevic,
Thank you for the additional information. I logged the issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-38672 in our tracking system. Our development team will investigate this case. You will be notified when the issue is resolved.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-38672) have been fixed in this update.

@Andrey_Potapov

Just to let you know that in the fix version (21.12) the problem is solved. Thanks!

Nenad