Long strings text field overflow and text overlap when exporting reports to PPTX

We have a custom report where the text in the fields with a lot of text overflow or overlap when exporting the report to a PPTX format. The report looks ok from the UI or when exported to a PPT format; this only occurs when exporting to a PPTX file format.

We just upgrade to Aspose.Slides for SSRS version 4.8.0. This issue was occuring in version 4.3 and now in version 4.8.0. Attached is the rdl file.

Thanks, Steve

Hi Steve,

I have observed the issue shared and have tried to use the RDL file shared by you. Unfortunately, I am unable to use your RDL file owing to attached image issue and also missing data source. Please first try using Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 4.8.1 on your end and if there is still an issue then please provide a working RDL file by using Adventure Works as data source. Please also share the exported RPL report for the same report on your end by following the guidelines mentioned here. Please also share the exported PPTX, PPT, PDF and Tiff exports of the report with us for investigation and comparison. Once you will share the requested information, I will be able to commence my investigation to help you further.

Many Thanks,

We cannot install 4.8.1. due to SLIDESREP-33309. I’ll submit the papework on my end so we can get you the requested information. Thanks!

Hi Steve,

I will await further response from your end. As soon as you will share the requested information, I will commence my investigation.

Many Thanks,

"Provide a working RDL file by using Adventure Works as data source"

What is Adventure Works and how do we do this?

Thanks

Hi Steve,

You may please share the RPL file for the time being by following the guidelines mentioned here. For the time being you can skip sending RDL fie.

Many Thanks,

Hello Mudasir,

I have tried to get the RPL file by modifting the two config files and adding the .dll file to the bin file directory with no success. I have added a view of the changes to the rssrvpolicy.config and of the rsreportserver.config. Can you tell me why I am not seeing the option within the export dropdown menu?

Hi Michael,

I have observed the comments shared by you and request you to please share the SQL Server details with us. If you are using SQL Server Express then Aspose.Slides will not work. You need to install the complete SQL version along with Report Server in order to use Aspose.Slides.

Many Thanks,

Hello Mudassir,

We are using SQL 2005 Standard version with Service Pack 4 loaded. I sent you the config files for you to see if the changes for the RPL option was done correctly. I am unable to get that to work for us to send the RPL file for you to review.

If you could assist in helping to get the setup correct in order to send the RPL file.

Thanks,

Nick Jamar

Hi Nick Jamar,

Thanks for sharing the information. I have created an issue with ID SLIDESREP-33317 in our issue tracking system to investigate why Aspose.Slides failed to show the RPL export options in SQL Server 2005 with high priority. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Nick Jamar,

Our development team has investigated the requirement of RPL export using SQL Server 2005. Aspose.Slides for SQL 2005 has different architecture that is not based on RPL so RPL export is useless for it. We need RDL to review the issue for RS 2005. Please share the RDL file by using Adventure Works as data source in this regard so that we may investigate the issue on our end to help you further.

Many Thanks,

Mudassir,

I have attached the file for your review.

Hi Gerald Nick Jamar,

Thanks for sharing the RDL file with us. Can you please confirm the issue incurring and also share that you are using Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 4.9.0 on your end (The latest version). Please also share the RDL file by using Adventure Works as data source or share a RDL file with data built in. Please share the generated output along with tiff/pdf export of the same so that we may carry out our investigation.

Many Thanks,