Looking for a xsd based template designer

Hi there,
My company had been looking for a template designer for our end users (quite a simple user).
our installbase is spread world wide with hundreds of production sites.

the template designer should support an xsd as the datasource for the design phase
and xml as the datasource for the printing phase.

have i come to the right place ?

is aspose the right tool for me ?
how can my end users design templates based on my predefined xsd’s ?

thanks in advance,

yoni

Hi yoni,

What sort of templates do you want to design?

XSD is just a schema. What sort of XSDs you talk about? Is it like customer order for example? Do you want to create a template that will allow to enter fill the order in some way?

Please give a business scenario, it will help to understand why you are trying to do.

thanks,

we are trying to gice our customers a tool that will enable them to edit
documents
and position xml elements in the document, in paragraphs, tables etc.

the xml tree that they should choose from will be based on an xsd that
describes our
data base.

we are looking for somthing like the xmlspy stylesheet designer.
but we don’t need its full functionality.

we won’t to get a word like gui to edit the template + insert xml tags from
a tree.

thanks again,

Yoni

Sorry for the bother, but i get no replies

We are trying to give our customers a tool that will enable them to edit
documents and position xml elements in the document, in paragraphs, tables etc.

the xml tree that they should choose from will be based on an xsd that
describes our data base.

we are looking for somthing like the xmlspy stylesheet designer.
but we don’t need its full functionality.

we want to get a word like gui to edit the template + insert xml tags from
a tree.

thanks again,

Yoni

Hi Yoni,

Sorry for the no reply.

I think your request is a bit too far from what Aspose does and plans to do. Although we talk XML, Word, templates etc, all Aspose components are non-visual therefore no editing gui like the one you are asking for.

I’m not aware of any .Net components that can do such thing at the moment.

Sorry, but I don’t think I can really help much at this stage.

Thanks,

I’ll be glad to hear if you encounter with such a GUIed document designer.

thanks again,

Yoni

Dear Yoni,

Sorry for not replying earlier.

Thanks for latest update so for now I guess I know what you want.

As Roman indicates, currently all Aspose products are invisible .Net components without any GUI designers. However, we will consider to offer GUI designers for these invisible .Net components to make your programming life easier.

For example, just run some wizards or drag 'n drop, these GUI designers will automatically generate some source code in C#, Visual Basic. Net or XML, whichever is chosen by you. This code probably meets about 80% of your porgramming requirements so you just need to write about 20% code manually.

As you may be just interested in the designer for Aspose.Pdf only so I just address it only here.

1. Document Designer. To enhance the usability of Aspose.Pdf, we will offer document designer first. What is a document designer? How does it work? The idea is, use your Pdf end user creation tool, for example, Adobe Acrobat, to create a Pdf document that can be decided at design time. This document is called a document designer. Then write code to call Aspose.Pdf to fill those fields that can be decided at run time. More info please check [Designer Spreadsheet](http://www.aspose.com/Products/Aspose.Excel/Intro/Designerspreadsheet.html) for Aspose.Excel. Later Tommy will follow this thread to post its available schedule.

2. GUI Designer. Frankly speaking, I don’t have a clear idea on how it will look like. However, after we have implemented interoperation among Aspose.Pdf, Aspose.Word and aspose.Excel using XSLT, I will update this post on the GUI Designer for Aspose.Pdf.

Is that good enough?