Lost features after upgrading from version 4 to 10

Hello,
After upgrading to the newest version 10.1.0 we found two features lost:

1. Background elements (elements of page header/footer located in page body) cannot be rendered to PDF and completely break the output document. See Test11.
  2. Embedded fonts are not rendered to PDF. See Test12.

Please pay attention that both version work properly in Aspose.Words v.4

Also you can see that watermark properties significantly changed while converting to PDF.
Best regards, Evgeniy

Hi Evgeniy,
Thank you for reporting these problems to us.

1. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. We will let you know once the problem is resolved.
  2. Unfortunately, Aspose.Words cannot use fonts embedded into the Word document upon rendering. In the next version however, we will support fonts embedded into DOCX document. Fonts embedded into DOC files will be supported later.
  3. I managed to reproduce the problem with watermark. We will let you know once the problem is resolved. This occurs because MS Word shifts width and height of shapes when some rotation angles are specified. Most likely, in this particular case Aspose.Words does not follow MS Word rules. As a temporary workaround, you can try resetting rotation angle.

Best regards,

Hello, Evgeniy.

I’m happy to inform you that one of the issues reported by you (missing shape in the footer) has been successfully fixed. This fix will be available in the nearest release.

However, the bar code text does not use the specified font for rendering. This is linked to the issue 25385. We will let you know once the problem is resolved.

Hi Dmitry,
Thanks for feedback. About the bar code text - please try to render barcode text with the attached font file. Could you please inform me if a rendering works completely for the given shape in the footer?
Best regards, Evgeniy

Hi.

Yes, the shape renders correctly when using this font as external (installed or by setting additional fonts folder).
The result PDF is attached.

Hi Dmitry,
Thanks, this look well. Only small note - why special Word symbols rendered in PDF?
Do you have any news about watermark? Is this feature supported in current version? Could you please provide a sample code for watermark settings which will be rendered correctly in PDF?
Best regards, Evgeniy

Hi Evgeniy,
Thanks for your request. The special Word symbols rendered in PDF because the document was converted in “Test” mode.
Regarding watermark, if you check the rotation angle to -40, the watermark will be rendered properly. For example, try using code provided in the documentation to insert a watermark:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/java/working-with-watermark/
Best regards,

A fix for the issue(s) you’ve reported (filed as 28358) will be included into the next release at the end of this month.You will be notified.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4894) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4893) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4852) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4896) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.