Lost Formatting in Aspose.Cells print out

I am evaluating Aspose in order to integrate it with our .net application.

The process starts with a blank Excel template file with some Named Ranges (attached file : template.xls)
Then our application replaces duplicates named ranges, fills them and produces a final document in memory (all using Aspose API). Then it prints and saves the file (attached test.xls and 6.pdf - as the print out)

There are obvious differences in the formatting (please refer to the
1. The merged cell is rendered wrongly
2. Some borders are missing in printout on row 24
3. What is the value S105 that gets printed for cell G18
4. If you look at the excel sheet, it has the correct margin set but the print out doesn't

I appreciate your input.

Thanks
Hamed

Hi Hamed,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

I checked your template file with the attached latest version of Aspose.Cells and it works fine (attached is the generated PDF file). Please try the attached latest version and let us know if you still face any problem.

Thank You & Best Regards,

the generated pdf file you attached looks nothing like the print preview of the excel sheet. I tried with the latest dll and I still have the same problem.

I noticed all those fields that I have a problem with, are merged cells. Do I have to do anything special to put a value in a merged cell which is in a named range? This is the method that sets value of a range :

protected override void SetNamedRangeValue(object oNamedRange, string sValue)
{
((Range)oNamedRange)[0, 0].PutValue(sValue.Replace("[newline]", “\n”));
this._oAsposeWorksheet.AutoFitRow(((Range)oNamedRange).FirstRow);
}

Hi,

After further testing your issue, we have found the differences between the Print Preview and PDF file generated. We will provide a fix for the issue soon.

Thanks. Please make sure you refer to the original PDF I attached to the post. I still get same print out using your latest DLL. Also please note that this problem is in PRINT (and not in Save as PDF).

Hi,

Well, we are not very clear about what you mean in your previous post “Also please note that this problem is in PRINT (and not in Save as PDF)”. Can you please explain it in a bit detail? Also, we are working on your issue regarding differences in Print Preview and Generated PDF and we will provide you a fix as soon as the issues get resolved.

It means the PDF I attached originally was result of
this._oAsposeWorksheet.SheetToPrinter(sPrinterName);

and NOT result of
this._oAsposeWorkbook.Save(sFileName, FileFormatType.Pdf);

I printed the sheet to a PDF printer in order to demonstrate the problems. The behavior is similar with a normal printer.

Thanks

Hi,

Please try the attached latest version of Aspose.Cells. Also the attached file “0145.mdi” is the resultant file generated by calling SheetToPrinter(“Microsoft Office Document Image Writer”);

The formatting problem is solved. Thanks.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 11108) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.