Lots of Issues when Converting the ODP to PowerPoint Format in Java

After converting the ODP to PPTX, we’re facing lots of issues. Can you please check and help to resolve it? I’ve attached the sample odp & converted PPTX in this link.

Note : we’re using aspose-slides-20.12-jdk16.jar.

Sample code :

Presentation pres = new Presentation("Sample.odp");
try
{
    // Saving the PPTX presentation to PPTX format
    pres.save("ODPtoPPTX_out.pptx", SaveFormat.Pptx);
}
finally
{
    if (pres != null) pres.dispose();
}

@johnson123,
Thank you for reporting the issues.

I’ve reproduced the problems with charts, video, audio, table, and shape when converting the ODP file to PPTX and added the following tickets to our issue-tracking system:

• SLIDESJAVA-38968 (Charts are not displayed when converting ODP to PPTX)
  • SLIDESJAVA-38969 (Video and audio are not exported when converting ODP to PPTX)
  • SLIDESJAVA-38970 (Table color is not correct when converting ODP to PPTX)
  • SLIDESJAVA-38971 (Shape is missing when converting ODP to PPTX)

We apologize for any inconvenience. Our development team will investigate the cases. You will be notified when new releases of Aspose.Slides with fixes are published.

It would be great if you could share the following additional information:

• OS version on which the conversion was performed
  • JDK version in your app

We will then also test the fixes in an environment similar to yours.

@Andrey_Potapov,
Thanks for the response.

OS - CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810/CentOS Linux release 7.3.1611
JDK - 1.8.0_332

Adding the above issue, we’re facing an error for smartArt BG picture issue when we convert the PPTX to ODP format. Have attached the link for the sample presentation.

@johnson123,
I’ve reproduced the problem with SmartArt objects and backgrounds and added a ticket with ID SLIDESJAVA-38972 to our issue-tracking system. Our development team will also investigate the case.

@Andrey_Potapov,
Can we get any ETA for this problem to be fixed?

@johnson123,
This week, our developers will perform preliminary research on the issues you have found. Unfortunately, I have no additional information yet.

@Andrey_Potapov,

I’ve added possible shapes and slide transition/animation in the ODP presentation and converted it into pptx using the aspose.slides. After converting, I try to open the converted PPTX with PowerPoint. But I’m not unable to open it. Kindly check the attached ODP and PPTX in the below zip.

ODPtoPPTXConversion.zip (5.0 MB)

Also, I’ve added the same possible shapes in the PPTX and converted them into ODP using aspose slides java.

Kindly give us the fix ASAP since we’re in need to update this fix ASAP.

@johnson123,
I’ve reproduced the problems with these presentations and added the following tickets to our issue-tracking system:
SLIDESJAVA-38974 (Unable to open presentation after converting ODP to PPTX)
SLIDESJAVA-38975 (Aninations and slide transitions don’t work when converting PPTX to ODP)
SLIDESJAVA-38976 (Audio and video do not work when converting PPTX to ODP)
SLIDESJAVA-38977 (Emoji turns black and white when converting PPTX to ODP)
SLIDESJAVA-38978 (Borders of chart series are missing when converting PPTX to ODP)
SLIDESJAVA-38979 (SmartArt shapes are not displayed correctly when converting PPTX to ODP)
SLIDESJAVA-38980 (SmartArt shapes are not displayed completely when converting PPTX to ODP)

Our development team will also investigate the cases.

@johnson123,

Regarding the SLIDESJAVA-38974 issue, note that the odptopptx.pptx file was not saved as a PPTX document but an ODP. If you change the file extension, you can open it.

@johnson123,
Regarding the SLIDESJAVA-38977 issue (the emoji on slide 3 turns black and white), it looks like Libre Impress does not support color emoji yet. The emoji looks the same when opening the ODP file in new versions of PowerPoint. In older versions of PowerPoint, this emoji looks the same as it does in Libre Impress.

@johnson123,
Regarding the SLIDESJAVA-38978 issue (the borders of the chart series on slide 4 are missing), the problem does not appear in the latest version of Libre Impress (7.4.2.3). The same goes for the issue SLIDESJAVA-38979 (the SmartArt shapes on slide 5 are not displayed correctly).

Regarding the SLIDESJAVA-38974 issue,Yes. Thanks for the clarification. It’s opening now. However, that theme itself is not rendering after being converted into PPTX other than Chart/Audio/Video. Screenshot 2022-11-21 at 6.41.24 PM.jpg (208.8 KB)
Screenshot 2022-11-21 at 6.38.40 PM.jpg (309.6 KB)

@johnson123,
Thank you for the note. I’ve reproduced the problems with the ODP document when converting it to PPTX and added the following tickets to our issue-tracking system:

SLIDESJAVA-38982 (Master theme is missing when converting ODP to PPTX)
SLIDESJAVA-38983 (Animations and slide transitions don’t work when converting ODP to PPTX)
SLIDESJAVA-38984 (Round shape is missing when converting ODP to PPTX)
SLIDESJAVA-38985 (Charts are missing when converting ODP to PPTX)
SLIDESJAVA-38986 (Audio and video are missing when converting ODP to PPTX)

Our developers will also look into the issues.

@Andrey_Potapov,
Kindly give us a fix ASAP for the chart issue when we convert ODP to PPTX. It is a major issue that we’re facing right now.

@johnson123,
As far as I can see, Aspose.Slides does not support charts from ODP format yet. Unfortunately, the issues with ODP charts will not be solved quickly. You can prioritize this feature by contacting Paid Support.

The issues you found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-38970) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for Java 23.1 (JAR).
You can check all fixes on the Release Notes page.
You can also find the latest version of our library on the Product Download page.

The issues you found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-38984,SLIDESJAVA-38982,SLIDESJAVA-38980,SLIDESJAVA-38972,SLIDESJAVA-38971) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for Java 23.2 (JAR).
You can also find the latest version of our library on the Product Download page.

The issues you found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-38976,SLIDESJAVA-38969,SLIDESJAVA-38986) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for Java 23.4 (JAR).

@aspose.notifier, can we get any update regarding the SLIDESJAVA-38968 issue? It is a very long-time issue.

@johnson123,
The SLIDESJAVA-38968 issue has been blocked by another issue related to the ODF format. We need to resolve that issue first. Unfortunately, I don’t have any additional information yet.