Macro Manipulation i.e create - update - delete Macros using Aspose API's

Hi,

I am looking to Manipulate Macros (create , update , delete Macros ) in excel sheets using java code. Not sure what kind of support Aspose APIs provide for the same !

As per other posts and resource from net, it seems that Aspose doesn’t have ability to manipulate macros though it can retain the macros already present in an excel sheet. Can someone please clarify ?

In case Aspose doesn’t provide this ability can we expect in near future ?

Thanks.
Vineet.
Hi,

claimbot:
Hi,

As per other posts and resource from net, it seems that Aspose doesn't have ability to manipulate macros though it can retain the macros already present in an excel sheet. Can someone please clarify ?

In case Aspose doesn't provide this ability can we expect in near future ?

Yes, your understanding is correct. Moreover, you may use Workbook.removeMacro() method to delete the VBA codes / macros in the Excel file.

I am afraid, we may not provide this feature (e.g create, update macros) in near future.

Thank you.

Thanks for your quick reply.

While looking at Aspose API, came across one more method as hasMacro() in addition to removeMacro() as you mentioned in your last post.

Can I safely assume that there are only two macro related methods i.e hasMacro() , removeMacro() provided in Appose APIs ? And there is no other functionality like calling a Macro etc provided in API.

Thanks.
Vineet.
Hi,

claimbot:

Can I safely assume that there are only two macro related methods i.e hasMacro() , removeMacro() provided in Appose APIs ? And there is no other functionality like calling a Macro etc provided in API.

Yes, your understanding is correct.

Thank you.

I need to maintain the macros that exist on a template without having to open the template every time (It is very slow to open ~ 4 seconds to open the file and ~4 seconds to save the file)

I was able to open the template MainTemplate once and then do workbook.Copy(MainTemplate) which takes millisesconds. however, the macros that were inside MainTemplate do not get copied.

I do not need to manipulate the macros, just carry them over from the original template via Workbook.Copy

Is this something you can make available?

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

I am afraid, your requested feature of preserving macros via Workbook.Copy() is not available and we also do not have any plans to implement it in near future.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Java.

We will support this feature for xlsx file. We have logged this issue in our database. Once, this feature is supported, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSJAVA-40464.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

We have supported copying macros of xlsm file.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.4.1.4 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41494) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-40464) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.