MacroPdf417 recognition

Hi,

I’m using Aspose.Pdf.Kit and Aspose.Barcode for creating and recognizing barcodes from pdf file. These components work perfectly but a few days ago I got stuck with MacroPdf417 recognition on scanned pdf files. If I digitally create the file and then I try to decode the barcodes, everything works fine. If I print that file, scanned it and then try to decode the barcodes, the Barcode component doesn’t recognize them and doesn’t return the text (a string of bytes). The strange is that the document also contains a QR Code and it is correctly decoded. Is it a problem of scanning resolution (I’m trying to test the components “on bad conditions”) or am I missing something?

Thanks.

Hi,

Thank you for inquiry.

Could you please try with the latest release and the sample code at http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.barcode-for-.net/recognize-barcode-from-pdf-document.html. I could not reproduce the problem at my end. I just changed the following line to read the QR and MacroPdf417 codes:

BarCodeReader reader = new BarCodeReader(stream, BarCodeReadType.QR | BarCodeReadType.MacroPdf417);

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. I succeded in decoding that barcodes. I don’t understand what was wrong with my code but the important is that now it works.
However I have another problem. I found another scanned document with MacroPdf417 barcodes that I can’t read. I tried several times with your code but it doesn’t seem to work. Could you please deal with it and let me know?

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for the sample document. I have also tried to read the MacroPdf417, but could not succeed. I have forwarded the PDF to the development team for their analysis and will update you here when I get any feedback. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as BARCODENET-28279) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.