Mail Merge Extended Example

I like your Invoice Example when merging from a dataset but I’m not sure if that will solve my problem.

Here is my goal.

1) I need to generate several invoices at once.

2) The invoices will need to use Merge Fields from the Doc file

3) There will be areas on the Invoice that will need to be Merge Field Regions (Such as the order items)

4) I would like to save this to PDF, create a table of contents/books marks for each invoice with ehe Invoice number.

Your example only shows generating a single invoice with some merge fields and merge field regions.

Thanks in advance.

TIM

You can do this, but with a little workaround. You cannot generate all invoices with merge regions inside one document immediately as it needs nested regions and not yet supported.

What you need to do is to generate invoices one by one and then move Section objects to the destination document where you will combine all your inoices.

In general, don’t think about Aspose.Word as just a one-pass report generation engine. See documentation, examples and forums about usage of DocumentBuilder, Sections in combination with MailMerge. There is plenty of interesting approaches that can be taken.

I don’t think it is possible now to create table of contents or bookmarks in Aspose.Word in a way that it will be automatically translated into a clickable or navigable table of contents in PDF document, but it is an interesting feature and I’m prepared to discuss and implement something to support this.

You can try and create a table of contents “manually” in Aspose.Word using DocumentBuilder.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 39) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(102)