We have recently upgraded our Aspose.Word version from 14.2 to 16.5.
Following this upgrade, the MailMerge stopped functioning correctly, i.e. it does not parse nested triggers correctly (in a particular scenario). This used to work in 14.2
I am attaching the test input document with 2 projects. The code in the projects is identical. However project Aspose14 uses 14.2, whereas Aspose16 uses 16.5.
I am also attaching the input doc, and the 2 output docs generated from the input by each Project, so that you can see the problem.
When looking at output of Version 16, notice that when the first IF evaluates to true (i.e. “Invalid” = “Invalid”) the triggers are not merged correctly. However if we change it to evaluate to false (i.e. “Valid” = “Invalid”) then everything is merged as expected.
Note that we tried the newest 16.10, but the issue still persisted.
Thank you very much!