MailMerge: Nested merge region on same line

Using Aspose Words for Java 14.3
Using XML as a merge source with an implementation of IMailMergeDataSource

I have an unexpected behavior with a nested region definition within a template document. I had to define more TableStart's and TableEnd's than I wanted to due to the issue defined at
<a href="https://forum.aspose.com/t/51088</a>. However, given that constraint, I created the nested region in a template document as defined below.</p><p>MyLabel: «TableStart:parent»«TableStart:child» «mydata»«TableEnd:child»«TableEnd:parent»<CR><br>where <CR> is a carriage return.</p><p>My XML is defined as </p><p><acme xmlns="http://www.acme.com/test">

Accountnum1
Accountnum2
Accountnum3

Due to the location of the TableStart and TableEnd tags (after MyLabel), my expectation was that the data between those start and end tags would be repeated such that each occurrence of mydata and the space before it would reside on the same line with a soft return to the next line if enough data was present to go beyond the end of one line. Data values would be space separated since it was included between start and end tags. My expectation was below:

MyLabel: Accountnum1 Accountnum2 Accountnum3

However, the merge result repeated the whole line. The result turned out like the following.

MyLabel: Accountnum1
MyLabel: Accountnum2
MyLabel: Accountnum3

As a result, the formatting of the document broke across 2 pages instead of 1 when the mydata element count was greater than 3.

Is there a way to create the my expected behavior or is this an unexpected use case for the Aspose merge library?

Hi James,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please spare us some time for the investigation of these issues. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Hi James,

Thanks for being patient. I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-10841. Our development team will further look into the details of this problem and we will keep you updated on the status of this issue. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-10841) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.