Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Mailmerge problem in latest version

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

We found 2 problems after updating to the latest Aspose.Words version: 11.10.0.0.

1: "Mailmerge" doesn’t merge all fields anymore:

Some fields show while mailmerge.GetFields, yet while mailmerge.execute they just don’t come in the callback.

It worked in version 11.5.0.0, see mailmerge.zip

2: "UpdateFields" doesn’t remove fields inside the alternative view of if-fields anymore.

While previous versions removed all fields inside the alternative/text-view of if-fields it looks like it just doesn’t do that anymore.

It would be nice if all fields are still inside the result of the if-field, yet fields that don't exist anymore or fields that aren't in the result anymore should not show up.

Kind regards

KrisG

Hi Kris,


Thanks for your inquiry.
Kris:
1: “Mailmerge” doesn’t merge all fields anymore:
Some fields show while mailmerge.GetFields, yet while mailmerge.execute they just don’t come in the callback.
It worked in version 11.5.0.0, see mailmerge.zip
I have tested this scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem as WORDSNET-7473 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Kris,

Kris:
2: “UpdateFields” doesn’t remove fields inside the alternative view of if-fields anymore.
While previous versions removed all fields inside the alternative/text-view of if-fields it looks like it just doesn’t do that anymore.
It would be nice if all fields are still inside the result of the if-field, yet fields that don’t exist anymore or fields that aren’t in the result anymore should not show up.
I have attached a comparison screenshot here for your reference. All three code views appear to be the same. Could you please make a similar screenshot highlighting the problematic areas and attach it here for further testing.

Best regards,

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

If you look in the updatefields-project, the result of the IF-fields contains MERGEFIELDS in the original document.

They are not visible by Word, yet viewable by Aspose and in the document.xml of the docx.

These MERGEFIELDS are gone by “updatefields” in 11.5.0.0, yet they still exist in 11.10.0.0

Kind regards

Kris

Hi Kris,


Thanks for the additional information.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 11.10.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The issue ID is WORDSNET-7489. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Kris,


Thanks for your patience.

I’m very sorry to share with you that on further investigation our development team came to know that they won’t be able to implement the fixes of your issues. Your issues are closed with ‘Won’t Fix’ resolution. This means the issues are actually not fixed but closed because we can not fix them. This is because Aspose.Words doesn’t support updating of nested fields in IF field’s false arguments any more. Moreover, such an argument does not affect IF field’s result; therefore, it is safe and there is nothing to worry about. If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,