Mailmerge seems to not updating IF fields correctly

I’m having an issue when it comes to Aspose.Words 10.0 mail merge in conjunction with IF fields in Word.

Let me explain it step by step.

Steps:

1. There is a source document (see attachment “aaaa_uk_test_01.doc”) that contains merges field and conditional fields:

In ensured that I have selected all text and hit F9 to update all calculated fields before saving this document.

1. The print preview of that source document looks like this:

1. Next, doing a mail merge with Aspose.Words and just to be sure call UpdateFields and UpdatePageLayout.

2. the generated document (see attachment “aaaa_uk_test_01 (16).doc”) looks like this:

1. Strange enough, the print preview of that generated document looks like this (i.e. it is blank):

1. Selecting all text and hitting F9 to update all calculated fields, the preview of the document looks correct:

Summary:

For me this looks like an issue in the Aspose.Words mail merge engine. On the other hand, it could be that I’m doing something wrong here.

Question:

Can you tell me how to solve this and have the generated document behave correctly?

Thanks
Uwe

Hello,
Thank you for your request
I managed to reproduce your problem. I have added your request to the appropriate issue in our defect database. Once the problem is fixed, we’ll let you know.

Thanks a lot.

Do you have some estimated time frame for that? (Like day, weeks, months, quarters…?)

Thanks
Uwe

Hello
Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, I cannot give you any estimate at the moment. Our developers will analyze the issue and then we will be able to provide you more information.
Best regards,

Trying not to nitpicking; do you have a time frame for your developers to analyse?

Hello
Thanks for your inquiry. Currently, it is difficult to promise you something regarding this issue. Please expect a reply before the next hotfix (within 4-5 weeks). We might just fix the problem by then or provide you more information.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4472) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(16)